King Arms M1 Carbine, Kar98K, and VSS

notrabies

Red fire is so fishy... everything about them screams Zeta-Labs, a company that owes me $700 before running away... they are associated to a few models that Zeta-Lab had done (and only Zeta-lab, like the full wood + steel Mosin Nagant, and now the VSS) 

Red fire is so fishy... everything about them screams Zeta-Labs, a company that owes me $700 before running away... they are associated to a few models that Zeta-Lab had done (and only Zeta-lab, like the full wood + steel Mosin Nagant, and now the VSS) 

It seems likely that VSS is the very same gun that Zeta-Labs failed to deliver earlier. I've got a friend who I think pre-ordered one as well, I'll need to ask him if he got screwed too.

Can't imagine an M1A1 Carbine having enough battery space to be an AEG due to the folding wire stock, but certainly a normal M1 like the one pictured could be. The stock is still pretty small though, not sure if a gearbox and motor would really fit in, they're much smaller than many people think.

Would a conventional AEG gearbox really fit in that?

short_rifles_2086.jpg

I have an M1 Carbine and I can certainly assure you that there is no possible way a conventional AEG gearbox will fit in there. If it's an AEG it's either got an AEP gearbox or a completely new thing going on in there (or some kind of space magic like the TM Uzi).

God help us all if somehow an Uzi gearbox ends up in there.

Anyways, while I'd definitely prefer an AEG, I do think a GBB could do a really fantastic job at replicating the gun, and one that could run safely on green gas for less money than the Marushin would be fantastic.

Why are people saying M1A1? It is a M1 Carbine, hence the lack of a folding stock in the above pic.

Either way it is potentially a M1 Carbine AEG, something I have wanted for ages. As for it being KA well I am sure the offending internal parts can be changed over for something else :P.

'FireKnife'

There's no where that actually say these are licensed by KA.  The KA boxes underneath are just a stack of KA M4s....unless there's something I missed.

These guns seem to be a RedFire product given the RF boxes behind them.  As to whether RF is ZL, Hawaiijuggernaut already said on the UN raided thread that RF is a legitimate company, therefore one would reason they have nothing to do with ZL :)

There are similarities between the RF nagants and the ZL versions but there are also differences, for instance, while ZL has a weird easy to break string to charge the magazine, the RF has what looks like basically a tiny 15 round aeg hicap.

One thing i find disappointing, they show the M1 with naked metal, implying that these bits were made new, but instead of making the original WW2 M1, its the post war version used in korea and vietnam.(and the Postman...)

I know that's from Cheaper Than Dirt, and therefore those aren't airsoft weapons, but that Kel-Tec SU-16E with the CTR and Red Lion Precision forend is all kinds of awesome, even though it throws away most of the SU-16's actual utility...

I just used the image to show size comparisons. No way an normal AEG gearbox can fit in there!

Airsoft M4s are wider than the real ones. For that matter most airsoft guns change dimensions to fit gearboxes in, the Mp7 is about the only AEG I can think of that didn't and that's actually smaller than the real one.

Archived