WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont see why everybody is bitching so much about the mags... they look like mp5 mags to me... and if theyre off by a few degrees or something.... who cares? theres alot of AR and AK mags out htere that are nowhere close to RS dimensions, dont hear endless bitching about those...

LOL seriously? Go on Arms Cool, they whine far more than we do about dimensions being off, it's just a criticism, it's completely stupid to just accept everything that's released, just because we aren't happy with certain aspect doesn't mean we are b!tching, I'm unhappy about the off spec magazines, but it won't stop me from buying one, but I should still be allowed to voice my opinion, it's kinda what a forum is for. 

i dont see why everybody is bitching so much about the mags...

It's a WE release [...] some people are just never happy, and WE releases will always catch *suitcase* on arnies.

Don't worry - when UK shooters start to put rounds downrange there'll be much more substantial things to complain about, unless this gun represents a radical rethinking of WE's QC and materials departments. Complaining about this gun's magazines has to be taken in context:

1. Is this supposed to be a replica of an MP5? Yes.
  2. Are physical copies, dimensions, or photographs of MP5 magazines hard to come by? No.
  3. Is there a compelling reason for WE to produce non-replica magazines? Well, we don't know for sure, but I suspect not. Presumably it was just as much work to do it wrong as it would have been to do it right.

So why didn't they do it right?

Yeah. The mag thing doesn't bother me. How WE got it wrong, who knows.

If memory serves me right; didn't ICS make real spec m4 mags that, once in the aeg, would stick out further (due to sitting lower down in the mag well as all aeg mags do. To the best of my knowledge)? Marui m4 mags are to shirt when not in the aeg but once in, are roughly the right length.

Also. There's asking the question (complaint) and then there's going over and over the question (moaning). The mag question has been asked and no answer has been given (as of yet and we probably never will get an answer).

Well, WE G39s are fairly reliable. And in fairness, WA based systems are hardly any more reliable unless you shell out a lot of cash, and for that price I could get at least 2 G39s so...

And about dimensions...it's hardly the end of the universe, there are bigger injustices in the world. Yes it would be nice if it was 100% realistic, but 90% will do. At the end of the day, we are hanging around a field shooting white stuff at each other.

so who has taken the plunge and bought this thing? waiting for that review thread! im still debating between this and the vfc. The vfc is just so nice but it's performance is terrible. However, i've been hearing that the new vfc bolt fits "tighter" on the newer models and the azimuth bolt guides wont even fit (to help with unwanted play). Not sure how reliable the new gens of vfc mp5s are still. I wish someone had the new gen vfc mp5 and the WE mp5k for performance comparisons. 

Strangely that mag does bother me. 

I have heard people complain about trades, trades don't bother me cos really it doesn't affect the function and feel of the weapon. 

But when the mag looks like that, then yeah it does affect the function of the weapon.   Just like a 90% scale version of an MP7, or an airsoft gun weighing 1kg when it should be 2kg.  It doesn't matter how well it shoots, its not the same and does affect the feel/balance and functional handling of the weapon.

If you are in the same as a skirmisher or speedballer then yeah I can see why it won't bother you, but it bothers me from a experiential airsofters perspective.

And yes I am well aware that it does only shoot plastic BBs.  But if that is the only argument then there is no point having realistic looking weapons just go for guns looking like plumbing disasters w/hoppers and have fun that way.

The KWA/TM MP7s are awesome. Again i couldnt care less that its slightly smaller because not one person has ever noticed.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

I've had a member of our national ERU (emergency response unit), whom use the MP7, handle my TM GBB version and say that it was identical to the real steel. It's one of those things that some people are going to care about, others are not. Personally I'm not fixated upon 1:1...once it's close, I'm happy.

The mags on the WE MP5 don't bother me...what will bother me is if it doesn't work :D

How about another thread, to discuss the mag issue and this thread left for updates about the GBB that WE have released? Because, to be honest, it's getting a little bit boring now.

But but but BUT THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!

THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!

THE CURVE IS SLIGHTLY OFF!!!!!!!!

THINK OF THE EFFECT ON OUR CHILDREN, YOU *fruitcage* HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNIST NAZI PAEDOPHILES I BET YOU READ THE GUARDIAN

Rather typically everyone is complaining about the mags from the standpoint of how they look but not a mention of another issue, fitment in mag pouches. I've had plenty of MP5 mag pouches over the years where they've been a tight fit, a larger curve on the mag would have prevented them fitting at all in a lot of cases.

Also, the lack of concern over the quality, that is to say how well they hold gas and feed compared with the shape seems rather typical of airsofters, form over function and all that...

Archived