APS APM50 sniper rifle

ShinSeiki

Spotted this during my usual window(website) shopping... Have not seen anything about it outside a couple of thai reviews and a promo video, looks like it has the potential to dethrone the VFC MP5 as the most problematic airsoft gun ever. Although APS have a pretty good track record when it comes to sniper rifles. The child inside me is already pulling at my shirt and pointing at it...

Review: 

Promo;

Wait gas and shell ejecting?

Erm yes and while you are at it make the shells of a light plastic so they break inside the gun please?

I mean ok aside from the odd competition shooter that does like using real ammo the uses of this in airsoft are going to be somewhat questionable.

'FireKnife'

shells are made of metal.

not practical for games.

I have the spring APS M40a3.

Have to say, to me it's one of the best spring rifles I have bought so far.

very easy to cock and over 430FPS OTB & consistent with good ranges passing 70meters straight.

their APS UAR was also pretty decent considering the cost.

Plus a co2 sniper.. what fps?

According to the APS website 450fps with 0.2g, not particually high for a bolty.

These will most likely fall under the Brocock ban in the UK and require a Section 5 FAC to own one though.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one for sample where I work

Comes with everything in this picture, did not come with any instructions though. Took me a good 30 minute to figure out how it works.

The long bar there is a Co2 refiller. Inside the bar holds 2 12g Co2 cartridges. And the gas goes into the shells, not the gun.

Overall, to me, it was quite a pain in the *albatross* to work with this gun. I would most def go with a spring version of this rifle and not

this Co2 version

post-59890-0-79253500-1373325822_thumb.jpg

post-59890-0-46593000-1373326374_thumb.jpg

post-59890-0-59308700-1373326396_thumb.jpg

Wait gas and shell ejecting?

Erm yes and while you are at it make the shells of a light plastic so they break inside the gun please?

No.... just no. They are basically smaller version of the Madbull 12ga rounds, but only fires 1 bb at a time, they are metal (they have to be) in order to store gas inside... 

I don't see us carrying this item in the future, so I'll have to put it aside. I would shop somewhere else though if you're considering a shell ejecting gas rifle.

Could you possibly find the time to post a quick review on it? I am most tempted, although i am afraid it's going to be a total dog in terms of acuracy and FPS variation...

• 3 months later...

Archived