Huge new UK Airsoft Retailer - AirsoftZoneUK

hwagan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know exactly why, but I'm strangely attracted to the neon two-tone ARs. Maybe it's because it reminds me of the guns from 90s G.I. Joes.

Get some day glow, skin tight "camo" to go with it?

I'm not going to rush to judge on stock since they're a new company and I'd imagine G&G and WE are simply the fastest to source and the easiest to sell. It would be nice to see a bit more variation in brands available, then again I'd like to see stuff other than fancy yet tedious M4s produced in airsoft in general, again, I know they sell well but there are just so many other options companies could produce. And yeah... so long as it isn't SAS (HOW ARE THEY STILL TRADING?!)

It's good to see another outlet opening up,.......but, I'm sad to see that they're selling all of the 'usual suspects'.....the likes of WE, G&P (AEG), etc etc.

The airsoft market is pretty niche, I get that, but there are so many good products that simply are not available directly to UK players such that we are FORCED to go spend abroad. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had to ask if a retailer would get Vipertech rifles in, only to be met with a blank stare...."What's that? Want a WE GBBR instead??"

So while I wish this store all the best, and it's always good to throw more competition into the pool, I'm left feeling disappointed that all I (as a skirmisher) will get is another place to buy G&G or WE products....yawn.

Note: Anything is better that SAS.....enuff said :P

They stock it because it sells.

Stocking high-value low-volume items is a terrible business model. You make next to nothing on each sale, and are selling to the most discerning buyer meaning that you are more likely to see the products be returned to you for relatively minor issues, that on other items would simply be ignored. If you want stores to stock unusual bits and pieces, then you need to build a rapport and express your interest in those items. If there's a demand you can bet your bacon that they'll be stocked; if not, then they won't. They need to put bread on the table, and that trumps keeping one or two people happy, unfortunately.

If you have more exotic tastes, then ask the retailers about getting a couple of pieces in. I know that personally we do a lot of special orders for people, where there's no money down and no obligation to buy. We know that shifting a couple of pieces is not going to be too difficult, so we're prepared to take the hit for a while. However having stock of them is completely different, considering most companies require a $10,000 minimum order, and have MOQ (minimum order quantities) of each item. Sometimes you don't want to have 10x of a rifle, when all you're going to be able to sell is 3.

It makes sense to have your main bulk of stock being the stuff that sells in volume, with a decent mark up so that you can afford to take the chance on higher-value low-volume sales, and attempt to satisfy more of the market.

Inari pretty much nailed it there - They're a new store, and G&P and G&G AEG's are guaranteed sellers, easy to source, easy to repair and obtain parts for, etc etc.

Once they're established, I imagine they'll be doing a lot more fun things - All the guys are big AR nuts, so I imagine there'll be plenty of rails, fancy lights and mounts and all the good stuff in due time.

I find it hard to get excited about a new retailer who's website isn't up and running.

So get excited when the website goes live ;)

Looks like a good store. Plus I'm glad to see them stocking Flyye. I hope they get in a decent amount of Flyye products though.

From what I gather, it should be a pretty damn large delivery!

Please stock TM and associated after market parts  :)

Knowing Jon I'm sure he's planning to, it just seems like TM stuff is tricky to obtain for reasonable money or hard to get decent sized orders of. I'm not sure on the exact reason they're not doing so already, but I know for a fact they'll be trying to figure it out!

Its good news that another Airsoft shop is opening up , be interesting to see if their warrantys and aftercare, customer service are as good as pas , or if its just gonna be another run of the mill retailer , like jbb guns and Viking , wolf etc

Personally I could care less for a warranty on something as (relatively) cheap as an airsoft gun. I'd much rather have decent knowledgeable, courteous staff that answered emails / enquiries promptly. Within 3 hours during opening hours would be nice.

Also if we're going on quality of websites alone they've already got pas beat.

Will be interesting to see what their gearbox internals selection is like. The UK is really lacking in a proper 'go to' shop for the niggly bits - nozzles, tappets, springs, hop rubbers and nubs, etc.

Any eta on the website?

From what I've seen, they've got a decent selection of the standard parts available, but I'm not sure on niggly bits! I know they've got guarder and MB hop rubbers, as well as a lot of G&P and guarder gearbox bits.

ETA on the website I can't say for certain, but I'm popping by this weekend so I should have a more accurate date!

Personally I could care less for a warranty on something as (relatively) cheap as an airsoft gun. I'd much rather have decent knowledgeable, courteous staff that answered emails / enquiries promptly. Within 3 hours during opening hours would be nice.

Also if we're going on quality of websites alone they've already got pas beat.

To me warranty and decent aftercare is my number one priority with my Airsoft purchase .

Especialy as some premium guns are near 1000 pounds to buy .

Even 350 / 500 is a lot to spend on a toy , especialy if the shop Dosnt have good aftercare and customer service , after all guns do have faults , issues , defects , why should I have to pay again to fix a manufacturing , qc fault .

Pas 2 years warranty enables me to get out skirmishing and enjoy my purchase , instead of tinkering at home when I have other things to do .especialy usefull with my sons guns .

Hmm. Would be nice to see a larger stock width on stuff like hop rubbers, not had any good madbull rubbers yet, compared to shs and lonex ones.

The blue buckings are actually pretty good when combined with the right nub, but I'm not a fan of the red 'accelerator' ones or the X spacers they offer. Either way, it's very early days at the moment - Getting off the ground and established is the priority at the moment, but as with any good retailer, the range of stock will be ever expanding.

Also, can we not make this thread about PAS please? I'm aware they're a great retailer and I use them myself, but the primary purpose of this thread is for discussing AZUK.

When it comes to after-sales, I know they'll be offering warranties, but I can't say how long for and on what models. I'll ask about aftersales plans tomorrow or Saturday when I visit. Safe to say they're a fantastic bunch of guys who came from a retailer where aftersales wasn't a priority, which is one of the reasons they set up their own venture.

Well, one of the best things to do (imo) would be to have a monthly vote on facebook for new stock items. Could be anything from anti-fog to grease to certain magazines etc.

And as they've obviously got the space, running upgrade / maintenance workshops would be great.

Well, one of the best things to do (imo) would be to have a monthly vote on facebook for new stock items. Could be anything from anti-fog to grease to certain magazines etc.

And as they've obviously got the space, running upgrade / maintenance workshops would be great.

Both very good ideas man; I'll suggest them to the guys. The workshop idea is particularly good, although the engineering department is pretty much a small room with a Jon and a pile of guns in! However I'm sure they could find the space.

I hope the warranties are better than the original retailers that they used to work at . Jon is a nice guy as are the the other guys that left with him .

They really should be; They'll also be providing a lot more pre-sale advice on purchases as well, for example advising people of properly maintaining GBB's when they haven't yet used one. 

Anyhow, I'm creating a bit of a list of things to hassle them about this weekend, so far I've got;

Warranties. What models, how long? General after sales information.

Possibility of workshops, Facebook polls for items to stock, etc.

Website going online - ETA thereof.

Near-Future stock plans.

Anything else people are keen to know?

Discount potential for ukapu members? Higher end upgrade part availability?

To what extent will they source spare parts? (will they just look at ordering system., not see it listed and go 'no' or actually try and get one)?

I'll put those on the list man!

There are two kinds of big online airsoft retailers in the UK.

The first kind is Firesupport.

The second kind is the rest.

Please Airsoft Zone, for your own sake, try to become the first kind.

Hmm, agree on the 'two kinds', not necessarily on your nomination for top slot. Don't get me wrong, FS aren't bad, but higher prices than 'the rest', and I have to say, a less than accommodating attitude when it comes to 'sourcing product'. I approached them to place a large order for 3 Inokatsu M4's, knowing full well I would pay more and that their supplier (Redwolf) had them available....I was told 'can't get em' and hung up on, very nice indeed.

No, I'd give the top slot (so far) to Proairsoft Supplies, less elitist, more helpful, and very open about their guarantees. While they don't have a massive range, unlike Fire-Support, they don't pretend to carry brands that are never in stock. Check out Fire-Supports website, no end of named brands, nothing in stock, and some of those products haven't been in stock since last year!!!! A good example INOKATSU, hell they're still advertising the 2009 M4!!!

Archived