Marushin EXB Five-seveN

renegadecow

Marushin on their front page announced a new line of pistols called EXB which stands for, wait for it...

EXciting Blow Back!

exb2fsnoprcjpeg.jpg

From their flyer, it's a CO2 blowback pistol with the FN 5-7 being the first and is supposed to be exciting, whatever that means. As if my TM exploding from the sheer force of recoil on green gas wasn't exciting enough.

Did they ever do anything really good?  These guys, Tanaka and Maruzen seem to be 3 big manufacturers that pop up a lot because they made quite a few random gas guns back in the day, but their peak in popularity died off before I even got in to airsoft far as I can tell.

They make great revolvers and shotguns as far as I can tell. Their appeal has always been niche, never big but always there. Plus with how well Marushin revamped their GBB M1 carbine into the new CO2 model (it's internally better, not just a change in propellant) I'm hoping the same will be done with this new line of pistols.

I don't really mind what TM do, gives me something fun to ponder over of an evening and play the guessing game here in the news sub-section every few months.  Pretty satisfying when you manage to call it right, though yes I can see how it might well get frustrating.

Wonder if this'll have the (according to every report I've heard, atrocious) double hop-up system their older 5-7 had.

At least it looks like the magazine's flush. I suppose the 20x5.7mm mags are big enough to support 12g cartridges without having to use extended baseplates.

• 3 months later...

time to revive this as there is some new info (kinda). of all the retailers to start talking about it, the first to release a video is Evike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVQjIUVvrCs

not much info and they don't even give us any real time shooting footage or chrono figures. and they don't even have it up on their site despite putting that video up weeks ago. but at least we know its not vaporware and that it will be sold in the US. though by Cybergun.

i'm not psyched that it has an unpainted silver CO2 cap at the bottom of the mag, but at least its not gigantic like KJW CO2 baseplates. it also appears to have a decent capacity as its fully double stacked.

ill definitely pick one up once they get around to shoving them up on their website, or have my boss order one for me a save a little money (despite not actually having a shop anymore. should still have a wholesale account with them though).

ill also see if he can call palco to try and get more info.

• 1 month later...

well, your looking at 2 entirely different manufacturers. a cheap HK(maybe taiwan, im not sure where VFCs GBB pistol factory is) manufacturer (taking care of VFCs GBB Pistols and probably E series rifles) and a enthusiast japanese manufacturer. 

given Marushins track record for scrimmage reliability is less than spotless, their track record with CO2 guns is OK so far.

im definitely buying one as soon as i can.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I don't find exciting is the price. The Marushin website lists it at 23,000 yen which is about $224. Probably due to Cybergun tax.

They retail here in Ireland at €149, and they're coming from Cybergun themselves

I have the 6mm green one. It's always run fine and it's quite accurate too. The gross ergo's are a just a total downer. It's like a pistol designed by an alien who saw a cartoon featuring the human hand.

Thanks for reminding me why I sold my TM!

And that price tag didn't help.

*fruitcage* the 5-7 :P

£149 = $204 USD

Archived