TNK (DG) G36

Vila

Daytonagun is Justin Lee in Hong Kong

TNK Guns is Tony Rizzo in US

Tony is the de jure distrubutor for Daytonagun in North America (even though he refuses to ship to Canada...thus making it De facto distrubutor of DG in US)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I asked Tony, and apparently all kits in the first batch are spoken for.

Gotta wait for the next run, I guess.

And yeah, they should fit all CA-type bodies, including Army Code.

I'm pretty annoyed with the company as a whole. I know Tony is active on the forums with the classic community, but how can the entire first batch be spoken for before they are even released? Was there some sort of preorder that I missed?  Either he doesn't have the factors of production to meet the quantity demanded, or he knows something I don't and is holding out for some reason. I feel he could sell a lot more kits at the same price. This has been an issue since the AK kits were all that was being made. Maybe theres something I'm not getting?

Well his manufacturing capacity is limited and it's not only to airsoft dedicated machine shop. First come first serve. If there are old customers ready to pay, they usually get the stuff first. Polarstar, a much bigger company, had their products sold out all the time when the system hit the market.

for more info on his and justin's company as a whole:

Justin is daytonagun. its a one man Op based in hong kong. he actually had to stop taking custom orders in order to keep up with the orders Tony needs (he doesnt take money for pre orders though, only a waiting list of names until they physically come in. unless your are a pushy man like me who forces him to take your money early). Tony is the current (and very reliable) and only Daytonagun distributor for the US. anyone outside the US can order a kit from either source. Tony also does most of the testing in order to let Justin keep churning out kits. the lack of daytonagun kits up until a few days ago were because for the R&D going into the G36 kit. Tony can make some spare parts and modify others for fitment into your guns, but thats pritty much all he does with his machines beyond real steel gunsmithing. 

i may have some of the details a little wrong, but Daytonagun as a whole is only 2 people a world apart from each other with a very loyal fan base. there was only 6 or so kits in this first batch and its the cheapest kit so far, so just be patient now that you understand how small an operation it is ;)

to get in contact with Tony, you can reach him on his website or facebook:

http://www.tnkguns.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TNKGuns

Archived