ACR gbb rifle

fnc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird...

Those pictures look an awful lot like RS ACRs to me.  The image from the second link of the working parts locked back definitely shows an airsoft nozzle/bolt, but the fact it's so far zoomed in and you can't see the rest of the weapon has 'scam' written all over it.

I mean if it were a really nicely made, reliable GBB ACR then great, but surely Magpul USA can enforce patents in Japan?  Seems a bit strange for this to just appear out of the blue.

Pardon, but what does Magpul have to do with this replica, since Masada has passed once to Remington...?

Well that depended on which version of the Masada/ACR they're replicating, hence the other post I made here on page 2.

Aww, pardon again then :).

Considering all the mess around Magpul license for airsoft, it would be better - and in fact more logical in general - if FTC releases Remington's ACR variant.

Not aimed at anyone specifically, just a general observation that there's a lot of tossed out opinions on legal standings of this and that without any real basis to back it up on.

I happen to agree with you on the Remington/Bushmaster point. If the OP picture is genuine, the amount of R&D money that has already been spent would be a significant investment. For any company to have gone that far into development before checking they were legally able to do so* would be batsh*t crazy.

(*Outside of maybe A&K, but that set the president for PTS/Magpul/whateveryouwanttocallthem litigating like a freight train on ACM product back in 2008/09)

Masada =/= Remington ACR. To be honest, Remington hasn't given two *suitcases* about airsoft replicas so far.

Apparently, look for a "later this year" projected release date. If the people I know's people they know is correct.

edit: I noticed all Bushmaster ACRs say multical on the bolt so assuredly it's not a real ACR and the gas block is of the Remington/Bushmaster variety so it's not a PTS ACR. If they don't have a complete working gun, the externals are pretty close to completion.

So if anyone is still wondering about the manufacturer, you've probably seen posts about it being a WE floating around the internet. Now I don't own a WE personally but just by looking at it I can tell it probably is a WE.

hop up unit:

kEBDnSOauieU6gxxtv0nLA.jpg

WE has giveaway tabs on the bottom side that tell a lot:

WE0181-1L.jpg

Magazine:

PywK9A5lTqpM2YODOajM3Q.jpg

I would say it's a very hard call but the ridges on the bb release tab nails it for me:

1319952178790623304.jpg

The final cherry on top is that Powerstar does reviews for WE guns.

EDIT: If anyone needed more clues, that flash hider on the ACR, the 18t AAC Brakeout (which only a 51t version exists) is found on the WE Raptor and I've been paying attention to accessories for a long time so I know only WE has a brakeout.

WE-AEG-0007-RAPTOR-BK-3.jpg

They didn't do quite as good a job replicating the remington handguard as they did on the ACR this time around but this is all the proof I need.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Well, thinking about it, you have to give WE some kudos....I mean, name another company that has adapted their gbb system into so many different rifle types? I love the idea of companies like Inokatsu, Vipertech and Bomber making ultra realistic gbbr's but they have hit a level and now seem content to wallow in the mire of producing nothing but M4's and it's very close variant. When Inokatsu entered the gbbr scene there was the promise of a wide variety of guns, including the SCAR, of course that project went south....and there's no indication that Vipertech or Bomber are looking to progress.

VFC, through Umarex are probably one of the few other companies that have stepped out into the world of possibility, but they seem to be on a tight leash and everything seems to revolve around H&K products. Finally you have KWA, which I include in the 'innovative' crowd based only on a technicality. They gave us the Vector, and seem to be promising further gbbr offerings, but with KWA 'vaporware' is just as likely to be on the menu as anything they blow hard about producing.

Which leaves WE. The largest range of gbbr's on the planet. They're cheap, the quality could be improved and controlled better, they work, parts and supply is plentiful.

I would love if the (in my opinion) big three Viper, Inok and Bomber got off their laurels and produced this rifle, but it AIN'T EVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!! So to me WE is the next best thing.

Their new pistols are quite impressive.  I'm working on a P226 of theirs, and comparing it to both my KJW and my TM E2, it's a great option for the price point.

To be fair, most of their "new" pistols are that HK3P brand, I never really got the full scoop on if HK3P is WE or if it's just a rebrand of a decent quality ACM. I'm not a big fan of their pistols, rifles are pretty decent though because of their widespread aftermarket support. 

Honestly I'm hoping it is an FTC revival or maybe just a new brand in general to throw into the mix. Definitely dig the idea of a GBB ACR regardless of brand. 

To clear all of this up...

I thought it was possible to enforce licences and copyrights in Japan?  Then again looking at a lot of TM stuff it would seem perhaps not.

To my knowlege, Japanese copyright laws are...different from everyone else. That's why TM can make a 416 and a G36 with trades and all umarex can do is sit and watch

No. Japanese copyright law isn't so hugely different to everywhere else that it's an exception to the rule, and anyway 'trades' are trademarks (logos, branding), which is distinct from 'copyright' (original works). The difference is where the trademarks and original works are licensed. Tokyo Marui licenses the trademarks that it puts on its guns only for sale in Japan, which is one of the reasons why the factory doesn't sell them abroad - only distributors do. Tokyo Marui is bound by its various licensing agreements only to sell guns with those trademarks in the JDM; if it sold them outside the JDM, it would be breaking those agreements.

Umarex and Cybergun are middlemen in the intellectual property licensing business; nothing more, nothing less. They called a large number of RS firearm manufacturers (HK, GLOCK, Beretta, etc.) and negotiated the rights to their intellectual property in various areas - particularly Europe and the United States. Thus Umarex have an exclusive right to sell HK-traded guns in Europe.

It's amazing how many legal experts play airsoft these days.

Just graduated in Law, but also worked with IP QCs (Hogarth Chambers), solicitors (Freshfields, Linklaters) and in-house teams (Cancer Research Technology) before and during undergraduate level. Hope that helps.

Archived