Stark Arms Walher PPQ M2 Coming Soon.

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was previously released as the Umarex PPQ M2 a few months back, but Stark is the OEM.

I am glad to see this coming as the Umarex has been limited in release (and/or availability).

Just hope they don't compromise on the markings and packaging. But I guess Umarex has done something (what they consider) "extra".

We shall see.

Worst case I will have to try and sneak one in from Germany! :D

i was really considering picking up another Maruzen P99. may just get this instead. real PPQs are really nice, so i may get both for a good carry/training pair, but i really wish that Walther kept with the HK style mag release.

i gotta say though, the 5" comp models look choice.

2796091-l.png

hope for one of these from stark too.

From UMAREX IWA 3013 Trailer:

Airsoft

Beretta M92 A1 (AEP);

Beretta ARX160 Elite (AEG);

*some spring stuff*;

H&K MP5 SD6 SPORTSLINE (AEG);

H&K MP7 NAVY (GBB);

IWI UZI SMG SD (Spring);

IWI TAVOR SPORTSLINE (AEG);

MP GERMAN SPORTSNILE (AEG);

Walther PPQ M2 (GAS).

So, PPQ was last in the trailer. Should we expect it first in stores? =)

Wow. Can I borrow your time machine dude ? 3013 ? :P

Also, that is old news. Like I said this gun is out already under the Umarex brand but mainly in Germany for now, hard to come by anywhere else.

This will be a TW / HK / Asia and worldwide release.

Spoke to my Umarex USA rep the other day and he said that they have been shipped and are on their way to the umarex warehouse and should be in stock and ready to ship by mid to late September. Also for those interested the Red Jacket 1911 they're releasing has failed quality control specs and they've been told to remake them.

Is already being sold here in Spain for around 130-140€. I tested one a few days ago in a local shop, so it should be all over Europe through Umarex distributors.

I almost bought it on the spot, but since is still a new product and there is no know plans for CO2 mags (A must for me), I didn't.

Felt nice in hand, a good quality piece with good trademarks. While the slide was metal, it gave me a plastic feeling, not metallic enough. I think it was because the paint. Same with the magazine, it seemed covered in plastic, even if it wasn't.

The only real defect I could tell was the slide rear plate, i think it's misshaped compared to real steel photos. Otherwise it chronoed around 310fps with green gas and shoot well, precise like any other pistol with TM style internals.

Also for those interested the Red Jacket 1911 they're releasing has failed quality control specs and they've been told to remake them.

As soon as you put the words Red Jacket on it, it should never pass quality control anyway ;).

Either way I am interested, lets just wait til a UK store gets them in, if at all.

'FireKnife'

The release list shown above is from a Umarex 2013 trailer.

The M&P you are refering to is made by Stark and licensed and distributed by Cybergun.

Two different things.

Suposedly the full size VFC/Cyber M&P is still scheduled for release before the end of the year.

Also, regarding the slide rear plate. Most likely it is shaped differently to accomodate the differences in internal mechanisms. Also noticable on WE and VFC M&Ps for example.

• 1 month later...

So WGC shop and Tokyo Model company both have it in stock.

But theirs something I'm a bit confused about. WGC posted a pic comparing two versions of the Stark Arms PPQ. Version A & Version E. The only difference I notice is the holes in the rear slide.

Any GBB experts know if there are any other differences or why they even did that?  The only one I can see on WGCs website says Europe version, so I assume A means Asia (or American, but Asia seems more likely). A is left and E is right.

1384230_231084367050039_1013000307_n.jpg

Darklite and I went to WGC and Armed Forces Company for a look-see.

Sold for HKD 880 locally.

Plastic quality on the frame is really....'bad' compared to what Stark Arms (VFC) have offered before.  I've held and played with both their Glock 19 and CNC version 17 and the plastic on the PPQ just feels cheap; like the same kinda plastic you get with cheap gun cases......like the Bell 1911A1 cases, if any of you had one of those before.  So that was very disappointing. 

Slide has NO wobble on the frame, but for some reason there's quite a noticeable gap between the slide and frame as you can probably tell from the pic of the back of the PPQ above in Mr Foxhound's post.  Again, disappointing; but if you don't think that's a big deal and just want a non-rattling gun, then the PPQ is very solid.

Didn't get a chance to fire it because we weren't buying it (well, if anyone want to give us donations to make a review..... XD) but it's a typical Stark Arms gun internally as far as I can tell.  Has a full auto switch on the one that AFC sells, dunno about the one at WGC because I saw it on a display stand only.  The gas output valve on the mag is the same as the one in my Glock 19 and 17 mags.

My friend who works at a shop (I'm not going to disclose which one) told me he suspected it to be WE given that his sources tell him that VFC and WE have the same production line at the same OEM but given the full auto characteristics developed for the PPQ along with the magazine output valve I strongly believe it's 'designed and ordered' by Stark Arms rather than WE.

Hope my experience with the PPQ above help any of you guys planning to get the gun.

I'm guessing the gap is the same on both versions of pistols, from what I see in that pic. I know the VFC/SA M&P gap was actually realistic (I own a real one), but the real PPQ does have a small gap, but the Stark Arms seems a little bit wider of a gap than real for sure. I still plan on buying one though.

It's clear the WE M&P and Stark Arms M&P are much different guns. So I don't buy that Stark is WE, IMO. But I'm no expert on airsoft gun business.

It's clear the WE M&P and Stark Arms M&P are much different guns. So I don't buy that Stark is WE, IMO. But I'm no expert on airsoft gun business.

I'm only posting what I've heard from the shop guys.  Whether they know their stuff or not I can't vouch for it but given that both WE and VFC are in Taiwan (same with the production as far as I can tell) it's not too far a stretch for both companies to use the same OEM for their parts.

My friend wasn't implying that Stark is WE given Stark is well known to be VFC already.  But he just suspected it initially to be WE given the quality of the plastic used.

IMG_3099_zps6c00aeb9.jpg

IMG_3103_zpsfeda568f.jpg

IMG_3104_zps151828bc.jpg

IMG_3110_zps3e46509a.jpg

IMG_3111_zpsae21eb77.jpg

IMG_3107_zpsa35ab999.jpg

OMG this thing rocks!!!! Prob my favorite looking polymer pistol design and VFC nailed it, looks quality, shoots great (miles better then the stark g19 thank god) and just seems rock solid, the finish on the slide is really nice and the trades are accurate, the ABS frame has perfect form and is very solid, the internals are similar to the stark glock series but have a much better finish and overall look much better, the VFC PPQ I think gets a solid 10/10, amazing value IMO.

PS Thanks Squad 701 your a legend of a man !!!!

Yes another great value pistol, how different the Stark Arms version will be I don't know, but I'm guessing minimal, probably Walther packaging and '6mm Cal BB' to 'Made In Germany' hopefully.

The grip is very instant a bit like a CZ75 in that it fits like a glove, the polymer-type finish of the frame is true to the original, so not really fair to compare it with a Glock, the quality of the metal-slide probably quite similar to the Stark Glock 19.

I noticed the loading nozzle was a bit slow to return, but this could have been just a teething problem, probably resolved after initial usage or lubrication.

I have to admit I wasn't one of the people anxiously awaiting on its release, but after holding it I'm looking forward to getting my own ;-)

and hopefully someone will release a PPS to compliment it ;)

Nice photos Icolater :)

A few HK shops have the stark version available and as Squad stated they should be just as good, looking forward to the VFC M&P full size, Stark/VFC are really upping the standard of mid priced GBB's, I am becoming a fan boy for sure. So happy with this pistol, its perfect out of the box, really snappy blow back and shoots straight as an arrow, every one should have one IMO.

Archived