HWS Nambu Type 26 Revolver

renegadecow

Looks like HWS aka Hartford is back in making airsoft guns again. For a while they focused on cap guns but they've recently started making their PEGASUS equiped Remington New Model Army revolvers again plus this new piece: the Nambu Type 26

http://www.hartford.co.jp/jm26/airgun/index.htm

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/hws-hartford-type-26-gas-revolver.html

26gaspagetop.jpg

It looks to be sporting a PEGASUS system as well, albeit shrunk down for the Nambu's itty bitty rounds, but it looks great and it seems to be a faithful replica even down to taking it apart. It's not crazy expensive either, but I suppose the appeal only really leans to WWII airsofters/collectors. What I do find more interesting however is the prospect for HWS to make other top-break revolvers like the S&W Model 3 or an Enfield.

i like it. i saw it on hyperdoraku's page the other day, but couldnt find anyone selling it yet. i like it as a sort of classic top break revolver. the price is still a bit steep for a scrimmager, especially since a top break revolver does noting to aid in reloading a pegasus style revolver. shame it only holds 6 rounds. but it does have a KM barrel and is made of alluminum(from the way eha described it anyway), so i may have to pick one up.

in my mind, its close enough to a webley to fit in the hole or my heart for one.

Last I checked (a few weeks ago), Dentrinity had some of the short ones still listed as "In Stock".  Not sure exactly which one you're after, but they may happen to have it.

Oh thats interesting, they restocked it? I sent them an email like er...probably a year ago and inquired on their stock. Turned out at that time they had just forgotten to list it out of stock - such disappointment then.

I wanted the short model as a sort of substitute for the long one that has been sold out for years, but if its seeing a re-release....

On the Type 26 though, I wonder how much cramped the gas capacity is going to be compared to other larger framed revolvers. That cylinder looks pretty puny.

I have found PEGASUS guns hold more gas than you would think. I can get 100 shots out of my K Frame (M19), and 50 shots with my J Frame with it's tiny cylinder (5 shots of .38 special). Although the cylinder is short for the 9mm Japanese round (Not much longer than a 9x19, and loaded pretty weak), it's still 6 rounds of 9mm/.38/.357 equivalent so I'd think it could pump out 30 shots at least, may be wrong though. 

they don't make too many. they spend most of their time making the shell loaded replica cap guns.

also, reading the translated HWS pages, the lower frame is metal but the upper frame/barrel outer cylinder and grips are ABS.

FPS looks to be on par with the way tanaka was before the casiopea incident. shooting around 240FPS with 134a gas. so that should be around 300 to 330 with green gas at around 75ºf.

• 3 months later...

Kinda more on WWII revolvers...a Webley might be nice :/

Was going to post asking about Webleys, but as it's mentioned here I'd love to see one as well.  Looking at the Nambu I got the impression that if you could do metal work, or knew some one who could manufacture bits for you then you could replace the hammer part with a 'Webley style' hammer and cock.

Archived