Gun Modify RMR Glock Slide Set

GlockworkOrange

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that would be terrible (if it was not insured)... I feel bad for the guy(s). I mean, it's no small task making these kind of products for such a small company, and following the story in this thread of how they struggled to get the first batch out and still being fairly gracious about the whole thing, and then fire in a warehouse burns up their stock. That's just sad :(

Costa ones are out of stock.  Their stock display system is normally accurate.  You could always check with an e-mail I suppose. The standard black ones haven;t been shipped from GM yet.

Why not just Loctite the screw holding in the piston head?

It doesn't work like that.

OK, so problems have begun for me, the piston head just will not stay put.  Keeps coming off the bolt that it sits on and stopping the gun from cycling.  Anyone else encountered this and have a solution?

More lube? Teflon tape on the screw head to beef it up?

It doesn't work like that.

More lube? Teflon tape on the screw head to beef it up?

I think I may need to try and beef it up with tape like you said, or just find a screw with a bigger head and the same threads.  I had a go at using some white glue to hold the piston head on but it didn't work, the rubber piston head has soaked up so much silicon oil that nothing will stick to it anymore!

I had the same problem, the piston lid is swelling from absorbing too much silicone, making the hole bigger. Mine eventually got torn after jamming the action.

You can either use a bigger screw to hold the piston lid, soak the lid in water and dry in the sun for a day to reduce swelling, or use a different G18C piston lid. I ended up just picking up a guarder g18c piston lid for $3

I think I may need to try and beef it up with tape like you said, or just find a screw with a bigger head and the same threads.  I had a go at using some white glue to hold the piston head on but it didn't work, the rubber piston head has soaked up so much silicon oil that nothing will stick to it anymore!

I don't think glue is ideal but you could try some RTV silicone adhesive sealant when it's all clean if the head is totally played out.

I had the same problem, the piston lid is swelling from absorbing too much silicone, making the hole bigger. Mine eventually got torn after jamming the action.

You can either use a bigger screw to hold the piston lid, soak the lid in water and dry in the sun for a day to reduce swelling, or use a different G18C piston lid. I ended up just picking up a guarder g18c piston lid for $3

thanks very much for this, I was under the impression that the whole blowback assembly was proprietary and had no idea it was just a standard G18 nozzle and piston lid!  I can stop babying it now and chuck some propane in that sucker!

Anyone care to share the Guns Modify Facebook post? I don't have Facebook so I can't see the post.

The main thing that I took in was that the SAI slides are last on their production line, after release of standard Glock slides. There's some other stuff, apologizing and that they are going to stop updating the Facebook page to concentrate and put more time into production.

I just read it.  I doubt we'll see the standard RMR slide before August/September.  I wonder what the extra big gift will be.

Sorryguys . Just recover from the fire accident . Pass few days we are busy withhandle all these *suitcases* . We know everybody need update , but it really hard togive any update for product by now . We can only give some info right now .

1, We told stores stop pre order of everyslide at Oct 2013 .

2, We did not take any money from the storefor pre orders . All your money are in the store you placed the order .

3, We lost these parts in the fire :

Slide ( 4 types ?RMR Std ?RMR Costa ?SAI G17 Std for TM ? SAI G17 Std for WE ?good news is barrels are safe ) , Tritium Lamp (sight is safe) ,Nozzle spring guide , Housing for install on a TM 18C ?RMR special housing is safe?. Nozzle , Piston head , SAI style trigger , Trigger Bar .

4?Base on what we left in hand , we will change the schedule of thecoming product . We will finish the last step and release the standard slidefirst and then re-produce the SAI series . So coming up product will be ( StdG17 / 18C / G22 forTM , G22 for WE , STD G34 for TM /SAI G34 for TM ,  SAI RMR G34 for TM , These are left slide andonly a few steps can be done . Last will be re-produce  STD RMR , Costa RMR , STD SAI 17 . )

5, We want to stop the facebook and mediaupdate so we can focus on produce . We still here and not dead````````````````````yet .

6, Sorry for keep you waiting and pleaserefund the money from the store you had placed order if you do not want to wait2-3 more month . Very sorry buddy .

7, Please place order from the store whenyou saw our product in stock . We swear we will never tell people pre orderagain .

8 , Base on the list the store gave us ,all the pre order customer will have extra BIG gif from us . (For who had paidand wait for a very very very very very long time . ).

9, Next update will be the STD series slidein stock .

My guess would be a clone of the Sentinel Magwell that Christ costa uses on his g17, I asked about that Magwell last year and they said that they had plans or it. Or maybe a pre-gip reduced and stippled frame? That seems more "big"

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first airsoft glock so I've no idea if this common; my GM SAI fitted TM g17 has broken 3 hammer springs and I'm about to install the 4th.. That seem normal? They last around 1000 rounds. The original hammer spring was giving me light strikes which is why I ended up using guarder hammer springs.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to get peoples hopes up with nothing interested.  Just thought I would update.

BA spoke to GM on the phone yesterday and they were told G45/G35 scheduled for the end of May. G17/G18 end of June. 

Pretty much what I figured if they're able to stick to this projected time line.

Archived