WE SCAR family

MRF

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=506179939473593&set=at.280944128663843.63911.279719102119679.100002648991684&type=1&theater

But color of upper receivers... :/ Yeah, I am aware that some exterior detail accuracy issues are not that important for many players, but still if it's only standard AEG with typical WE GBB SCAR finish, I will pass on these...

It's the split gearbox katana system rather than standard aeg. As to the colour of the upper receivers.. its a pic of the prototypes as it's clear the upper receivers are bare metal.

Nope, they are not - You can see side markings on sniper variant.

They are not Katanas, normal AEGs.

Had a fondle of one, the magazines on the H are propietary, the finish is horrific and they feel cheap as hell.

The bolt catch works. The Battery is stored a la the VFC, but the stock wiring is like the CA.

Plastic receiver feels like old JG plastic bodied M4s, smooth and flexing. pistol grip on two of the three variants I checked out had a visible gap between them and the lower so you could see gearbox. Upper receiver feels rough to the touch and it's shiny as hell, like the first gen ACM Specter clones, ie bright pale gold.

All in all, go get a DBOYS. Cheaper and miles ahead in terms of fit, finish, feel and quality.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this as WE has been upping it's game of late. I would have been less surprised to hear this about the MSK, it being a completely new rifle and therefore prone to 'teething problems'.....but a SCAR?

So this AEG is clearly not based on their existing GBBR version? Could this be an early prototype you handled, or was it the final production piece?

Plastic receiver feels like old JG plastic bodied M4s, smooth and flexing. pistol grip on two of the three variants I checked out had a visible gap between them and the lower so you could see gearbox. Upper receiver feels rough to the touch and it's shiny as hell, like the first gen ACM Specter clones, ie bright pale gold.

All in all, go get a DBOYS. Cheaper and miles ahead in terms of fit, finish, feel and quality.

Awww...

So basically if someone is after high quality external finish, the best option is still "re-gearboxing" VFC SCAR... I wonder when it's going to end.

Im no expert on GBBR's , but after making a bloody decent Scar L wouldn't a Scar H be a very easy gun to build ? 

i understand that the P90 idea died because of cybergun and all that FN license nonsense , but the scars are clearly here to stay and FN couldnt give two limes.

I want SCAR H GBBR NOW. 

if thats not clear enough for the kind folk at WE , i don't know what is !

* that said , considering how fantastic there M4 Aeg's are i would quite like a reasonably priced , decent scar.

I remember WE posting a picture of a load of gbb's and in that picture was a gbb scar h lower. Then in a video, WE talked about the possibility of releasing just the scar h lower, as a kit. That way, you could swap the lower of a 'l' with a 'h'. Or maybe sleep deprivation has left doolally?

I remember WE posting a picture of a load of gbb's and in that picture was a gbb scar h lower. Then in a video, WE talked about the possibility of releasing just the scar h lower, as a kit. That way, you could swap the lower of a 'l' with a 'h'. Or maybe sleep deprivation has left doolally?

Won't work; the upper for the L and H are different too.

Has anyone released a GBBr mag for 7.62 NATO in a STANAG style magwell gun yet?  All I can think of remotely similar is the WE M14, which if anything makes it seem even stranger WE haven't done a gas powered SCAR H because they've already made a 20 round 7.62x51 magazine, just with a different locking mechanism.  I'd have thought a straight push-in mag would be even simpler to engineer than a rock n' lock.  The nozzle would presumably be much like the M14 and the rest of the gun is just a slightly bigger SCAR-L (yes, I am aware designing an airsoft gun isn't as simple as that before somebody jumps on me).

I'm not saying I'd buy one but tons of people want it and the more companies make them the more interest will be generated and the more other manufacturers will start working on heavy-hitter GBBRs.

Archived