Airsoft surgeon stainless finish Nighthawk supergrade 1911

icolater

Saw this the other day and very nearly bought it, until I saw the price $1950, look so good though, only 2 made as well so it super unique, I bought an Airsoft surgeon p226 elite in the past and its a beauty, If only I hadn't spent this years airsoft budget already with all those Nova kits. Any one looking for a new kidney ?

banner-airsoftsurgeon2.jpg

AS-GBB-148-1L.jpg

AS-GBB-148-3.jpg    AS-GBB-148-2.jpg    AS-GBB-148-4.jpg    AS-GBB-148-5.jpg    AS-GBB-148-6.jpg    AS-GBB-148-7.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You two seem to be new to airsoft surgeon's prices. Most of his prebuilt stuff (as in complete pistols) cost somewhere between 1000 and 2000$.

I thought I had seen this before, but I believe it was the custom Talon with a bull barrel.... ah well, a GRP in stainless doesn't really attract me.

You two seem to be new to airsoft surgeon's prices. Most of his prebuilt stuff (as in complete pistols) cost somewhere between 1000 and 2000$.

I thought I had seen this before, but I believe it was the custom Talon with a bull barrel.... ah well, a GRP in stainless doesn't really attract me.

It's not that I'm new to this cr**, it's that 2000$ for that thing is just outrageous.

1000$ would have been different..but 2k is really too much.

I would still consider it, how slick does it look? very very IMO. The only thing besides the price that bothers me is the BBU, it looks like a standard marui meu or 1911a1 type, you would expect some sort of lightweight trickery like AIP,Nova or AS, also those grips need to go. 

If only two have been made then I doubt they (AS/RW) care what the average airsofter thinks of the price, they've only got to find two buyers who want it enough to pay it, probably not difficult for a retailer that sells to the worldwide market.

I would still consider it, how slick does it look? very very IMO. The only thing besides the price that bothers me is the BBU, it looks like a standard marui meu or 1911a1 type, you would expect some sort of lightweight trickery like AIP,Nova or AS, also those grips need to go.

I could have made you a Prime 'Costa Recon' Cerakoted in Japan, with Laser-etched Trademarks for half the price ;)

Hey Squad, I forgot about that costa recon kit, any pictures? Also I'm lovin my Nova kimbers, especially considering I can build them myself for under a grand with all the bells and whistles, it would be nice if AS released the slide and frame so we could build are own versions for cheaper (and prob better).

I feel partially responsible after my M9 thread, but I can't help but feel that Arnies forum has turned into a AS bashing crowd... for really good reasons of course, not defending him.. but just thought I'd mention my observation :P Thing is I've had stuff CNC'd in China a few times, all bespoke and super low production (2 was the max I've done), and I know how much it doesn't cost... so he's really charging $2k for a slide and a frame plus whatever other parts he threw into the gun... jees, I know he probably has to pay someone to do all the 3D modelling, scaling from images and font matching takes time, but I'm sure those guys don't work on commission, with the amount of stuff he churns out... ooofff.. someone must be making money. Oh well, as long as someone's out there to buy his stuff, everyone's happy even if we aren't. 

$2000? For that I could buy a Filipino boy 

Heh, I usually rent myself out for a cheeseburger.

I lie. I go as low as chitlins.

edit: FOR TECH WORK, before someone *fireknife* gets the wrong idea and actually makes me lewd offers

they've only got to find two buyers

There's your two guys right there.

Saudis-in-Audis.jpg

edit: FOR TECH WORK, before someone *fireknife* gets the wrong idea and actually makes me lewd offers

Hey I offered you $25 for your leather work skills.

I am not going to say for what, will leave that to the imagination of the rest of you.

Also as for this gun I am sorry but no. Sure their are two guys / girls out there that will buy them but then those people are probably the kind that see a new TM Recoil Shock as small change, not near bloody £400.

'FireKnife'

Whoa, capitalism, what a new and unfamiliar concept

I'm sure I've made outraged posts about unjustifiably expensive things in the past, but there's so many perfectly good and affordable airsoft guns/applicable gear out there now I've really stopped being at all bothered when these things crop up.  Nobody's being physically forced to buy one.

End of the day, within every single product market there's some company making a crazy expensive beyond-top-end-pricing item, because there are enough mega rich people in the world for there to be buyers out there.  If you're an oil baron or the CEO of a multi-national conglomerate you're not buying Ford Fiestas, you're buying Bugattis and then having D&G cover them in gold leaf and calf leather.  A girl I work with is obsessed with owning some absurdly priced Christian Louboutins, I would be hard pressed to spend 10% the cost of the pair she wants on any footwear for myself, but there you go.

I wish I could start up a business catering to the millionaires of this world, sadly you need just a little bit of capital to invest in a business that builds swarovski encrusted helicopters.

End of the day, within every single product market there's some company making a crazy expensive beyond-top-end-pricing item

I'm totally with you believe me, but there's a difference between charging premium for a premium product, or making an average product, and marketing it as a premium product with premium price. As someone who has gone through the CNC process myself in China a few times, I know how much things don't cost, especially because I am the one doing all the 3D modelling, the material (even 7075 aluminium) and labour cost really isn't much, even if the item is bespoke or extremely low production run, provided you have connection, which AS does. I think that's the problem people are having, just like BO manufacture AK charging a PTW price for a LCT vs Lonex AK, it's not the high price, it's the fact that rarely do the products match the asking price. Make a full stainless steel 1911 with real steel standard finishes, flush based co2 magazine that works flawlessly and kicks like a mule, an upgraded inner barrel and a grub screw locked hop up system (something RA-Tech attempted, but no cigar), then yes, by all means, charge 2k, I'd buy one straight away, but this is no better than your TM vs Prime pistol, at 4/5x the cost. 

Archived