Airsoft Surgeon Limited Edition Titanium Inokatsu M4

Desert.Express

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they literally cut holes in it over the Fire control and bolt carrier groups?

So the gun literally cannot be used because dirt will get in the FCG because they exposed it for no apparent reason. awesome. I suppose Airsoft Sturgeon has never been known for things that make any sense but this takes the cake.

Now excuse me while I go vomit a little in my mouth.

That's a really odd thing to try to sell someone - it looks like one of those cut-away demonstration models you'd get at a museum or something. If it was actually made of titanium (and you can get Ti AR-15 receivers) then the insane pricing might be understandable - but for a B-grade with holes milled in it? He really has gone mad.

omg, campitalism #devilsadvocate

The only idea that comes to mind is that it's meant to be some kind of IPSC/IDPA gun, in which case the shooter would quite often be indoors and dirt won't be an issue but lighter weight is a big plus.  But if that were the case it's setup pretty poorly, the handguard's too short for the length of barrel and while the VTAC tube is good a JP would be better suited.  The ACS is OTT, the lack of a BAD or equivalent is a deficiency, standard charging handle and mag release are contextually far from ideal and it doesn't matter how you stipple it the A2 grip is pretty horrible all around (for the majority of people) compared to the wide array of options out there.

The cuts on the mag well I actually do like, that shouldn't really affect the function of the rifle in a negative fashion most of the time I don't think.  The upper receiver alteration was a bridge too far though IMO.

I must be the odd one out for thinking the A2 grip is the most comfortable, and easiest to shoot with grip out there. Really all the aftermarket ones to me are just poor imitations.

For all that monstrosity's faults, thats not really one of them.

In the nicest way possible, I think you are; I know myself, and almost every other AR platform user I know switches it out as soon as possible. 

Still, each to their own, and if it works for you I guess it can't be difficult finding a cheap replacement pistol grip ;) 

I guess as well as my personal dislike of the A2 grip, I find it insane that a gun aimed at the kind of market this is aimed at, comes with the STOCK grip, which someone has gone over with a soldering iron. It's almost like AirsoftSurgeon has gone 'Well, *fruitcage* it, I can make another $20 not switching out the pistol grip, I'll have one of the new guys just stipple the stock one.'

^ Yep.

I think the A2 grip only works for a very small cross-section of the population who just so happen to have a hand size that fits exactly with the location of the finger hump on the front.  Personally, when I file that lump off my middle finger sits precisely in the middle of the roughened area where said lump used to be, hence why it's just horrendously uncomfortable in stock form.  Also the angle of the thing is way too steep for my tastes and I don't think I'm alone in that feeling given the every growing popularity of the MOE-K, BCM Gunfighter and Umbrella grips (that's assuming you're not using an electric gun of course and actually have a choice on your grip angle).

Archived