King Arms VSS Vintorez AEG Preorder, Feb 2014 Release

skyler8158

i really like the way the G&G comes apart. not liking the off center barrel, though, i understand why.

+1 - In fact, that barrel (I hadn't even noticed it before!) is a deal-breaker for me. WTF were they thinking? If the sole justification for that decision (seeing as otherwise they could just use an offset nozzle, if it's something to do with the gearbox) was so they could fit a specific battery they don't deserve the sale anyway.

Off center barrel ? I'm overlooking something...Outer silencer shell compared to real steel ?

It's so stupid that you don't notice it at first, because surely no-one in their right mind would produce a gun like this, but the inner barrel is offset vertically to where it should be - it emerges from the top, rather than the middle, of the suppressor. It's reminiscent of the old cap-and-BB-firing M16s where the BBs were shot down the 'gas tube' rather than the barrel, that being reserved for the caps. The real VSS' muzzle looks like this:

VSS_Vintorez_51st_Airborne_Regiment_106t

The GSS' muzzle looks like this:

big.jpeg

That second hole (the higher, off-centre one) in the end of the suppressor is where the BBs actually emerge from. It looks like an O/U shotgun, not a rifle! The only possible justification I can think of is that the gearbox sits very high in the gun, but if that's the case, why didn't they just put an offset nozzle in? There's loads of room in that forward handguard with not much going on. The only other reason I can think of for raising the barrel, as I said before, is to provide enough space beneath it inside the suppressor for that stupid tubular battery. Take the hint, G&G, no-one's going to use your proprietary batteries unless they literally don't own any others. There's enough space in there for a triple-butterfly LiPo of serious capacity in there even if the barrel is centered, which is what LCT and King Arms are presumably going to use, so if that's the reason the GSS has got that water-cooled-Maxim-look going on someone at G&G needs to lose their job...

yeah, that odd cylinder thing looks to be the battery. ill just be modifying it to take a normal battery. no need for a proprietary one like their new GIMS or MP5. also, if you look at the complete profile of the gearbox as hes firing it and showing off the nozzle movement and janky burst (if that is what hes doing), the nozzle already looks off set. they just couldn't get the nozzle low enough to be in the center of the suppressor. they got it half of the way there and patted themselves on the back, "thats enough engineering for today." 

though, im still waiting to see what kind of internals are in the KA or LCT. whichever has a normal V3 is the winner in my book.

I don't care if it has a regular gearbox or not - I just care if it fits the VSS/VAL properly! Clearly the G&G has a lot of very clever features, but if you have to put another hole in the gun for the BBs to come out of, it's pretty clear there's still work to be done. I'm really kind of stunned that they thought it was OK to release this thing; it's not the 1980s any more, and I'd thought we'd left this kind of Heath Robinson s*** behind us.

In terms of up-front-and-in-your-face problems, in decreasing order, the S&T/ACM is a riot of misproportioned pot-metal parts, the G&G is part aluminium and has a barrel that might as well come on scope rings and the KA's not made of the right materials either. The hopes of many are therefore pinned upon LCT, who hopefully won't let us down. Don't let us down, LCT.

Puresilver, I would have it say "G&G" instead, but still relevant to some other designs.

I like to think that the design team just threw up their hands when they actually looked at the first prototype and scampered off to ride out their hangovers.

The AirsoftGi post on the echo *suitcase* version has already reached epic lulz, so maybe companies will withhold the booze and drugs for once?

Nah, that would never happen.

Shame that it had to happen to an East Bloc design and not just happen to yet another armalite derivative that would quickly dissipate.

EDIT, because apparently Echo plus suitcase combined breaks the censor. 

Puresilver, I would have it say "G&G" instead, but still relevant to some other designs.

I like to think that the design team just threw up their hands when they actually looked at the first prototype and scampered off to ride out their hangovers.

The AirsoftGi post on the echo *suitcase* version has already reached epic lulz, so maybe companies will withhold the booze and drugs for once?

Nah, that would never happen.

Shame that it had to happen to an East Bloc design and not just happen to yet another armalite derivative that would quickly dissipate.

EDIT, because apparently Echo plus suitcase combined breaks the censor. 

That Facebook post is hilarious. I quite enjoyed this photo https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/578157_768472523094_686503452_n.jpg

Altough according to that russian report the G&g has some intresting features(no tappet plate, nozzle moves from the air and it seems has a stop firing function as well) but the barrel made me go WTF. Altough Im not a huge VSS/VAL fan, several of my friends want one and it seems its going to be LCT, tough they won't make a VSS until the VAL is finished.

Archived