Ares "Amoeba CCR" PDW AEG

kojak

Since I was considering picking up a KAC PDW, this piqued my interest as a possible alternative: 

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/amoeba-ares-m4-ccr-tactical-pistol-aeg-black.html

ares-am-001-ccr-bk_0_mark.jpg 

Polymer receiver, takes an AK stick battery in the upper.  Seems to fit my need for a light, compact, M4 mag compatible AEG with non-proprietary internals.  Early photos of the prototype had an MP5K front end that I liked better.  

the internals are a little proprietary. this guy has their electric mosfet system. its not bad, but it uses magnets in the sector gear to detect its position rather than a simple switch reading off the cutoff lever bump like a BTC mosfet. so the sector gear is proprietary. plus everything else is a bit of spec from marui, so upgrading can be a little time consuming when it comes to fitting parts.

it should be possible to completely swap out for a normal V2 though. if you want.

i do like the look of it though. i have this plus the G&P 9mm SMG lower floating through my head right now.

...it should be possible to completely swap out for a normal V2 though...

That's probably what I'd wind up doing since generally speaking I trust neither factory MOSFETs nor ARES internals.  Maybe they'll sell the receivers as spare parts.  

I just noticed that the box art shows the kurz front end and some variants on the side: 

ares-am-001-ccr-bk_13_mark.jpg

I guess there's also this stuff: 

1045206_601209479910719_852969242_n.jpg

*fruitcage*in' bizarre... But like -Drake- says...

I.......I kinda like it.....

This is an MP5K that's compatible with STANAGs, which is kinda useful if you want your primary (e.g. a DMR) and your secondary to share magazines. I mean, it looks nothing like any real gun I've ever seen, but at least it's honest about that. The accessories include the 'MP5K' foregrip and an SP89 one, which is kinda interesting too.

i have this plus the G&P 9mm SMG lower floating through my head right now.

You have a weird, broken mind... But that's a really good idea...

generally speaking I trust neither factory MOSFETs nor ARES internals. 

I don't trust ARES at all, period.

I don't mind if they make money out of this or if people even buy it, but I sure as hell hope it didn't come at the cost of swindling some poor bloke off of his designs. That said, I've been meaning to make something similar, only a little bit retro and... sentai.

annie.jpg

Archived