INOKATSU Sig Sauer P229 LTD. ED.

NonEx

I got an e-mail from eHobbyAsia today that was like "Hey check out this sale of a limited INO P229" and I think it mentioned something about reduced price, or maybe I misread because I deleted the e-mail pretty quick as I wasn't interested. Anyways, here it is if anyone is curious;

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/inokatsu-sig-sauer-p229-masterpiece-edition.html?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=b_banner&utm_campaign=Inokatsu-P229

Again we can go on and on about the whole price thing and how outragous it is. But it is a one of a kind and it is steel and aluminum as the real one. Most of you know how I feel about INO after my 1911 purchase. Everyone has mixed feelings. But either way someone out there who is a fan of the P229 and looking for the ultimate item which can be bought right now, they might get it.

Also as I have said a couple of times the price of production for an airsoft unit like this vs. production cost of a real Sig cannot even be compared. You can't use the old "well I can get two real Sigs for the price of this" argument because it is flawed, both logically and economically.

So anyways. My initial observations are;

Markings look off.

Extractor looks too big.

Wood grips are poorly fitted. Same issue as on my WE F228 with RS P228 grips, does not mesh on the spine at the back without mods. How they did not address that is beyong me, huuuge gap!

It is based on WE it seems.

Standard WE P228 24 RD gas magazine. I doubt it will be very powerful (kick) and not last very long on a fill of gas.

I don't think it looks terrible, but again for what it is and the price, I would expect damn near perfection.

I don't like the P229 personally so I am not much for this.

I'm a huge Sig fan, but this definitely doesn't appeal to me, I think if I hoarded my cash away for the last couple of years awaiting this moment, I'd be expecting an Unrailed 9mm without extractor at the least, and with Redwolf setting these high benchmark prices, Inokatsu are following suite.

It's double the price of their own Steel 1911, I'm sure if it came without the box and was a similar price to their Steel 1911, it would sell quite well and deservedly so. But these huge-prices force it into a Niche market, not a skirmishing pistol and maybe out of reach of a lot of collectors.

Let's face it when Inokatsu first advertised their upcoming FN45, most people wouldn't have been expecting to pay any more than the price of the Steel 1911, I'd rather have someone build me three Nova kitted guns than pay the asking price for this, 17 x PPQs :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry guys but I was not refering to the small extractor on the P228 or older P229.

The INO extractor is about 15-20% too wide (height) compared to RS pics, take a closer look and compare. It is way off.

I did scaled overlay in PS and confirmed.

Maybe my OCD being bitchy, but it's just way too much in my face to let it go.

As a real Sig 229 would cost around 950 USD, I think AS and the guys at INO are likely using the same kind of shrooms...

:)

The matter is not how much is worth the real deal, because I'd pay the same amount or slightly more for a delightful replica.

But, in this case, the price is just over any human comprehension.

As a real Sig 229 would cost around 950 USD, I think AS and the guys at INO are likely using the same kind of shrooms...

See my original first post for why that is an invalid argument under these circumstances.

But like I said, for the price I would expect it to be better than how it appears to be.

The real Sig HAS to be built of high grade steel, and to quite specific tolerances.

I don't believe either Redwolf or Inokatsu would go to the trouble and expense of building an airsoft gun out of the same materials as a real firearm.

If someone buys this, it's OK. It's his/her money. I just think some makers are getting a little weird in their prices...

My initial observations are; [...]

Wood grips are poorly fitted. Same issue as on my WE F228 with RS P228 grips, does not mesh on the spine at the back without mods. How they did not address that is beyong me, huuuge gap!

It is based on WE it seems.

Standard WE P228 24 RD gas magazine. I doubt it will be very powerful (kick) and not last very long on a fill of gas.

My thoughts pretty much exactly. Like my P226 is a Marui made in steel, this is a WE made in steel. The WE is evidently too wide in the frame - which is why those fancy grips don't fit properly - and they don't even include a magazine, which I think is pretty poor but then again I didn't get one with the P226 either. It might have the steel control set from the P226 too; hard to tell and if they don't specify it (they don't) I wouldn't count on it. I would expect stock performance to be very poor.

Again we can go on and on about the whole price thing and how outragous it is. But it is a one of a kind and it is steel and aluminum as the real one. [...] Everyone has mixed feelings. But either way someone out there who is a fan of the P229 and looking for the ultimate item which can be bought right now, they might get it.

Actually, unlike the AS threads on this forum, I think this is way more worth it than the other "custom" monstrosities we have seen..

I agree. A CNC-milled steel slide and billet aluminium frame that you can't get anywhere else and that were made specifically for this gun? That represents much better value for money than loose assemblage of off-the-shelf parts. I still wouldn't buy one, since from my experience the internals have likely been butchered together out of parts from the much cheaper base model (probably WE, rather than KJW in this instance), but if you absolutely must have a steel P229, this is a lot cheaper than the only alternative - having the parts made yourself. I would say that to turn this weapon into a truly good gun you're looking at investing another $500 in upgrading the internals with whatever high-quality parts you can, buying a raw set of grips from Nill or similar that you can 'adjust' to fit the too-wide frame and other upgrades, but if you have to have it, this is it.

The real Sig HAS to be built of high grade steel, and to quite specific tolerances.

I don't believe either Redwolf or Inokatsu would go to the trouble and expense of building an airsoft gun out of the same materials as a real firearm.

Sorry, but NonEx and Desert.Express are absolutely right - how much the real thing costs is totally irrelevant to how much a replica costs, because they aren't being made in the same fashion or volume. SIG Sauer has probably sold in excess of 50,000 P229s since they started making them, and they're making them at a facility that makes in excess of half a million guns annually. When you're making things in that kind of volume with massively automated machinery it is naturally much cheaper (per unit) than if you're CNC-milling them individually, like Inokatsu are having to do.

Actually they do list the parts that are custom made and which specific material they are in.

PART : MATERIAL
SLIDE : BLUE STEEL C50
BARREL : BLUE STEEL C50
SLIDE LOCK : BLUE STEEL C50
HAMMER : BLUE STEEL C50
MAGAZINE RELEASE : BLUE STEEL C50
SIGHTS : BLUE STEEL C50
TRIGGER :  BLUE STEEL C50
GUIDE ROD : BLUE STEEL C50
FRAME : ALUMINIUM 6061
WOOD GRIPS :  ROSEWOOD

By slide lock I assume they mean the "take down lever", which is steel in the list above.

But the slide release lever and de-cocker are not listed in the parts list and so I assume they are stock WE. Looking at the finishing of the parts those two items do stick out from the rest, and look very much like those on my WE F228. Which by the way are not bad by any means. Probably some of the best looking and wear-resistant WE stock controls I have seen to date. Come to think of it, it wouldn't suprise me if they are steel already. I can check with a magnet on mine tomorrow.

EDIT: Can't wait, just checked. Yes they (slide release lever and de-cocker lever) are magnetic "steel". Trigger, hammer, magazine release, guide rod and slide lock/take down etc. are however not (on stock WE), hence why they were custom made.

Nice touch of making the trigger the slimmer SRT (short reset trigger) style.

I do think this pistol does come with a WE 24rd F228 magazine though. It is in the pictures and in the "Included" list of items. I think the Sold Seperately text is just a reference to spare magazines.

Package Includes

• Inokatsu SIG SAUER P229 (Masterpiece Edition)
  • 24 rounds Magazine
  • Deluxe Wood Case
  • Original Box

Also the internal frame is most likely WE by how the paint has chipped/worn on the edges by the hammer. Same exakt look on my WE F228.

But still...

dat extractor o_O

Can you elaborate on that statement?

The new P229 with rail is more of a mash-up of the classic SIG P228 and the "traditional" P229R. Much like how people say the new "P228" M11-A1 is more of a P229 than a P228, hehe. Confusing.

Disregarding the grips as a model defining feature since that is basically the only customizable item on the pistol itself I feel that basing model destinction just on those is not fair.

iirc P229's never had the "Classic" slide profile of other P22x series until the P229E2's. On the other hand SIG did make a number of P228's (I admit they were the old folded style with inserted breech block) on railed P229 frames. I'll admit I sort of jumped the gun totally ignoring the extractor.

Overall, its like a mashup of an old P229R frame with a new style slide...but the only one I see listed similarly is the newer Equinox...

its like "HEY guys lets make some P229R Frames and use up those leftover P228 slides and put .40S&W markings on it and call it a day and charge 100x's what the stock cost us"

edit: for some reason forgot this was an INO thread and was thinking someone rebuilt WE's

Looking at this: http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229.aspx

Sig Sauers current standard P229 model, what other than the grips don't look like the INO one ? :o

Besides from the things already pointed out.

Anyways, not trying to start anything but that is the current gen P229 on offer from Sig Sauer.

Just saw this in Facebook. Looks like I am not the only one to replicate Sig Sauer certificates;

1422631_10152051544493497_692232611_n.jp

Wonder if they used any of my material for reference :D

Or maybe they got legit source considering the licensing.

Link to my stuff: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206829-project-”perfect-pistol-case”-rs-replicas/page-8#entry2602427

Well because the main thrill of airsoft pistols is that they are fully functional replicas capable of firing a projectile while still looking very close to the real thing. Even if someone does not shoot a collectors item, the knowledge of it being able to adds to its value. Functioning parts and features.

A deactivated weapon IMO is a paperweight more so than a collectors item compared to the same pistol in airsoft.

But anyways, this is exactly the kind of logic and discussion I didn't want filling up the thread.

It is what it is and it's there for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived