VFC HK MP7-A1 Navy GBB Release?

rusTORK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks quite nice, though I wonder what it will be like long term. VFC have made some improvements with their GBB pistols, so lets hope they've learned from them and brought that into the MP7. Personally I don't hold too high hopes for it, and if I'm honest the whole 1:1 thing never bothered me about the other MP7 offerings. Hell, I don't even care about the 1:1 on AEG M4's etc.

I know it matters to some people, but just wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. So for this to be worth consideration, it'd need to have considerable recoil, good range & accuracy, and solid reliability.

If it can outshine the TM and KWA at a similar price then I can see it doing well.

If not given how widespread the other two makes are I don't really see this selling bar the 1:1 size and that is a smaller group that would trade scale for usefulness (aside from collectors, but in the UK you don't get them much due to the VCRA).

Nice effort but perhaps if they made a gun that was something not already made by reputeable companies I would have more hopes for it.

'FireKnife'

After seeing first hand the atrocious engineering involved with their UMP mags, I am not at all excited to say the least.

That's just because you know several friends will buy them, and give the mags to you to fix :P

I am personally will get VFC MP7-A1 for my collection. Maybe just not... Navy version. I like classic one.

UMP got problem with magazine, yes. My guess - there was error on the assembly line. Magazine have got two Gas Housing Plates. One at bottom and one at top. Somehow, only one of them (from top) was installed on both places. Secong problem is outer valve (wich have got small o-rings). In fact, i am changed o-rings on my VFC MP5 magazine from HEAD1950 (i think it was from it) and it's stop leak at all. So, it's not a problem with valve itself, but with it's o-rings. In my case. :)

Top Plate

vfc_mag_umpg_rb02_m.jpg

Bottom Plate

vfc_vgb3mag0j0_m.jpg

That looks quite nice, though I wonder what it will be like long term. [...] Personally I don't hold too high hopes for it

Hope they'll release a version without Umarex's scummy markings.

My thoughts exactly. VFC's GBBRs haven't gone down well at all, and their SMGs are widely considered the least reliable on the market, with both being characterised by very high prices and extremely fragile and utterly proprietary internal components, which is not an appealing combination at all. Add Umarex's laser-engraved and impossible to remove markings, and I'll probably leave it. I really don't see why Umarex have to put their markings on the guns - just put it on the box, for God's sake! - or if they absolutely must, can't they put it inside the receiver somewhere where I don't have to look at them?

Personally, I think the 1:1 proportions are a bonus - having seen the two together, the TM-AEP-scale ones (TM AEP, KSC/KWA GBB, TM GBB) look a bit stupid next to the real thing. But for me 'being an accurate replica' is a prerequisite for purchase for me; I'm not going to buy a gun just because it's a 1:1 replica - there are other 1:1 SMGs on the market that aren't made by a company with a bad reputation.

I really like the idea of a 1:1 to be honest there's just something not right feeling about my KWA.

That said it's an absolutely reliable piece that outrages other high dollar guns on the field and sounds like thunder when fired.

If the VFC can't equal that performance benchmark then it's no sale.

Exception to the rule, I am still using the VFC M4, with their steel triggers and an HK bolt, RS buffer etc.  No issues so far.  It is by far the closest thing dimension wise to my RS ARs, and functions every time I pull the trigger.

I will wait and see how this pans out with the VFC MP7.  The WE SMG8 is almost 1:1 and will be coming out with their MP7 body kit or so I hear which makes it tempting for the low price.  Both parties have swiss cheese triggers so its whatever is practical and cheap..

Forgive my noobness - whats the difference between the navy and classic mp7? my google-fu has failed me. 

Navy version it's (as it's call Umarex) it's MP7 without front grip. It's have Hammerson rail instead. The "classic" one i call version with folding front grip.

I'm pretty sure KWA have lost their H&K license. It was shortly before they lost the Kriss one too.

KWA haven't lost the H&k licencing as far as I know, from what KWA said a while back (on their forum iirc) the change was that only Umarex could distribute the H&k replicas rather than KWA selling directly to retailers/other wholesalers like they were doing before.

Navy version it's (as it's call Umarex) it's MP7 without front grip. It's have Hammerson rail instead. The "classic" one i call version with folding front grip.

Is VFC going to release one with the front grip as I prefer that to the navy version

Archived