VFC HK MP7-A1 Navy GBB Release?

rusTORK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly as I thought. A pile of sh*t. I expect a load of threads coming up shortly about strange and silly breakages. I still rate the KWA is awesome.

Well, if you use a propellant that does contain little to no silicone oil, I guess the KWA is a great playable GBBR. Other than that the hop up rubber will soak itself in silicone and become useless pretty quickly.

The only reason I got the VFC was because I liked it being bigger and with more recoil. The KWA simply has almost no recoil

There is advantages and disadvantages to just about anything.

Changed out the rubber on my KWA and its done 12K since purchase with minimal maintance and still as solid as the day I got it. Where as the VFC MP5 I had was sub par out the box and lasted less than 100 rounds before major issues.

Could someone put up a size comparison with a KWA or TM next to the VFC?

Well, I know a few people that own the KWA MP7. You wont have any problem with the hopup rubber if you use a gas that has Little to no added silicone. One of my friends used Walter Airsoft Gas, which apparently has more silicone oil than others and had to replace the rubber twice.

Dont get me wrong though, since Im not exactly a collector I regret getting the VFC somewhat. The KWA and the TM MP7s are playable GBBs, but the VFC is a different story.

I tried emptying a Magazine again tody by shooting quickly in Semi, about 2-3 shots per second, and the cooldown effect would kick in at about 20-25 shots. Thats horrible.

If I imagine myself being in the middle of a match at temperatures around 15-20 degrees I would have a huge disadvantage against ordinary AEGs with ROFs around 15-20 rps.

Hardly a massive difference. Yet I still wonder why KWA/TM didnt make it 1:1 to start with?

I'm not sure about that. If I scaled other things in your life down to 0.8:1 they'd look pretty silly; I'd be well over a foot shorter, for example. The rumour I've heard is that TM had inaccurate measurements to work with when they scaled the original MP7 AEP from reference material (you can imagine it wasn't easy to get hands-on with an MP7 even once it was 'released', seeing as they're not civilian-legal anywhere, really). I don't know when the MP7 AEP was actually originally released but the real thing only arrived in 2001, so it may be that none had actually been released and TM only had photos and rough dimensions to work from when creating their replica's moulds and mechanisms.

TM failed to correct this when producing the GBB MP7, probably because it retained some parts compatibility, which meant they didn't need to make new, and very expensive, injection moulds for things like the foregrip, rails and the like. It's easy to see why clones (like Well) are the same; they were probably reverse-engineered from the Marui wholesale. What's perplexing is why the KSC/KWA ones should also fall foul of this problem; they were released substantially later when the MP7's specifications were in the public domain and they could have made Marui look very silly by releasing advanced GBB 1:1 MP7s to compete against Marui's shrunken AEP. I'm not sure the answer will ever be more than guesswork, to be honest.

Alkany, check the gas seal routers on the top of your magazine. Are any of them torn? Had the same problems with the VFC UMP .45 before. After I sorted that out, the gun ran well, right until the magazines decided to *suitcase* themselves at least.

Nope, they are in perfect condition, the problem must be something else.

Hardly a massive difference. Yet I still wonder why KWA/TM didnt make it 1:1 to start with?

Last I heard TM originally took measurements from the prototype MP7 which didn't have the flashhider and applied it to the final look(its just rumor tough).

I think the problem was that Marui had the length measurement of the MP7 prototype without the flash hider, then made their MP7 from pictures of the production mp7 (with a flash hider), resulting in the scale problem.

If you check, the length of the Marui mp7 (with the flash hider) is exactly that of the real one without the flash hider.

I think the problem was that Marui had the length measurement of the MP7 prototype without the flash hider, then made their MP7 from pictures of the production mp7 (with a flash hider), resulting in the scale problem.

If you check, the length of the Marui mp7 (with the flash hider) is exactly that of the real one without the flash hider.

Yeah thats what I meant.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay let's get a few things straight in here as there is a lot of confusion.

Firstly, the discrepancies between the MP7A1 and the airsoft versions are a big deal if you are not a "paintball" styled airsoft user. The size difference is pretty significant, especially with the magazines which do not fit tightly in real MP7 mag pouches. However the biggest "WTH?" comes from the bolt release on the TM and KWA airsoft versions. On the airsoft versions, you press up on the bolt release which even if you never fired the real one and do not know it is pressed down, you can just feel it isn't right as it is really awkward. Most likely KWA got this wrong, and TM copied KWA blindly, without actually studying the actual MP7.

I have the KWA MP7. Functionally, like any KWA GBB product I've owned, it is excellent and with the MP9, these two are the best GBB SMGs/GBBRs out there. I have not had a single issue with my KWA MP7 - it just works. From time to time, you hear minor issues with them, and while lemons do exist, most of them are users abusing them or have bought their gun second hand from someone who destroyed it, and then they wonder why their gun is fubar'd. Also, KWA has sold a lot more units of their version than the TM, so it is only natural to see more cases on the internet of problems with the KWA version (which has been out for half a decade).

I was really hoping VFC would step their game up with the MP7 as their GBB history has been pretty poor contrary to their excellent AEGs. I'm disappointed VFC took the Marui route and went for silly recoil, sacrificing the high reliability and cool-down-resistance of what makes the KWA version the best performer.

Where I stand on the VFC MP7 is I will be eagerly awaiting for a MP7A1 release and hoping they reduce the amount of gas wasted on nonsense "recoil" (the actual MP7 is one of the most controllable machineguns I've ever fired) and make it more skirmish effective. Even if the VFC doesn't achieve the whopping 180 feet the KWA MP7 shoots stock, as long as it performs the same at 100 feet for CQB purposes, it will be a buy for me as the correct operations and size for gear compatibility are crucial to me.

To the user who posted a few videos of their "Navy" version, thanks for the look, the color of the polymer and finish on the metals certainly look better than either the Marui or KWA versions. As for your disappointment with the proprietary mags, the magazines have to be proprietary as TM and KWA fubar'd the magazine dimensions significantly, and hence they fit loosely in actual MP7 mag pouches. For you I have some questions:

1. If no mag is in the gun, can you lock the bolt back by pulling the charging handle back and pressing the bolt release up?

2. How many positions does the stock have?

3. What is the FPS?

4. Is the hop-up loose and prone to moving with recoil, or is it tight?

5. Are the magazines silent fill and non-leak? Where is the fill valve?

Thanks

To the user who posted a few videos of their "Navy" version, thanks for the look, the color of the polymer and finish on the metals certainly look better than either the Marui or KWA versions. As for your disappointment with the proprietary mags, the magazines have to be proprietary as TM and KWA fubar'd the magazine dimensions significantly, and hence they fit loosely in actual MP7 mag pouches. For you I have some questions:

1. If no mag is in the gun, can you lock the bolt back by pulling the charging handle back and pressing the bolt release up?

2. How many positions does the stock have?

3. What is the FPS?

4. Is the hop-up loose and prone to moving with recoil, or is it tight?

5. Are the magazines silent fill and non-leak? Where is the fill valve?

Thanks

1. No, you cant. You press the bolt release down when a mag is inserted, however. I understand that its meant to be pressed up on the real steel version?

2. It is a 3-position stock.

3. Using normal green gas I had results ranging between 330-350 fps. 

4. I would say the hop-up is pretty tight. It doesnt move at all as far as I can tell.

5. What do you mean by "silent-fill"? I have to fill them for about 4-5 seconds usually, but there is no gas coming out to indicate that they are full. You have to judge that by ear. The fill valve is on the bottom of the magazine.

Actually, since you also seem to be a collector the magazine will be somewhat disappointing. It may have the scale of the real steel version, but you can see the spring that pushes the BBs up from the front. You also load it via the front.

Generally it has at least the same accuracy and range as the KWA version in my opinion. It just has serious cooldown issues and it is picky about brands of BBs used.

Silent-fill is when you fill the magazine, all the gas goes into the mags. For example the TM MK23 is not silent fill so when you fill the mags, they leak gas as you fill (not afterward, only when you fill). Hence, the TM MK23 lacks a silent fill.

No I'm a player, not a collector - the spring visibility doesn't matter one bit to me. I'm usually busy with firearm stuff but when I get the chance to play airsoft, I like to use replicas whose fundamentals carry over (GBBs, Marui Next Gens, etc.) I understand a lot of airsoft people just want something that performs well but that's just not for me.

Thanks

I was really hoping VFC would step their game up with the MP7 as their GBB history has been pretty poor contrary to their excellent AEGs. I'm disappointed VFC took the Marui route and went for silly recoil, sacrificing the high reliability and cool-down-resistance of what makes the KWA version the best performer.

As an owner of a Marui MP7 I can tell you that it has a very good cooldown resistance(this gun was designed for a weaker gas so it should) and also good range and accuarcy. As for the recoil well you either like it or not, my opinion is that a GBB should have good recoil and its not like the Marui's recoil is unmanagable(and still far from the real steel's). But yeah it was kinda baffling that they still went with the wrong size and functions even tough they came out later with it. I guess it was cheaper for them to simply use their AEP's mold.

Archived