VSS Vintorez released for distribution!

The Insider

Ay VSS Vintorez finally been released for distribution....

Has metal barrel and receiver, plastic stock grip, mags, foregrip and sights.

Ak stick battery or thin lipo in the stock.
v3 similar gearbox (Receiver Button Smaller) and hop-up is also similar to an ak hopup unit.
 I have chrono-ed it 400FPS out of the box...   so I'm most impressed.... although range and accuracy yet to be seen.
But considering i have wanted this gun for over 10 years.... and now in my grubbly little hands... my life is complete. :rolleyes:

A wooden stock would have been nicer I'm sure.... although that would mean front wired and removing the silencer to install the battery.
but still.....   I'm most content with my new toy....  my "last" toy.  (as i keep telling my wife when i buy a new one)  ...Honest!
:D

3986-11260-thickbox.jpg

3986-11259-thickbox.jpg

3986-11257-thickbox.jpg

3986-11262-thickbox.jpg

3986-11261-thickbox.jpg

among others...  

homepage_logo.jpg

everything that is surposed to be metal... is metal. receiver, dustcover, barrel / silencer and including the sights. 
although don't know if the mag is supose to be metal, but its plastic on this, as is the stock which is surposed to be wood.
fited a standard cyma scope mount and my busted spider scope to it. looks sweet.
done some short range shooting, feedings flawless, and is quite the thread cutter at 10m. 
gaming with it next weekend... can't wait.

Steel ??   you kidding right?  

i'm but a humble poor man... that can't afford no KA or G&G... or LCT...   so this is and will probably always be the cheapest model available...
and it is quite light...  under 4kg including box.  so no i don't think it is steel.
and yes.. its made from soap....  but makes my skin tingle and so soft.  :D

The barrel is most likely aluminum.

How to test for aluminum / pot metal?  without inflecting damage.

adzaPfcx.jpg

actually there's a indoor pistol only game tonight... i might just take it along for some ranged shooting test.

only upgrade i may consider would be a tighter barrel, so pending its performance tonight I may explore the inner barrel.

Insider, is the nozzle centered in the cylinder head or does it use an offset nozzle?

seems off set... down.   like a V3

hop up rubber seems to be a standard AEG size,

and this model does not have a qd spring change option... which ithink was planned by the ST model.

adhfti4T.jpg

acd9jM1l.jpg

aceLvPs2.jpg

sorry...   i'm a... "if its not broken, don't fix it" type of person....  and as its currently rare... and personally very valuable to me.... i wont be going anywhere near the internals yet.
as i have been saying to the half dozen locals wanting to liberate one.. or mine... for a review...  "I'll allow a little face time.....  but you wont be left alone with her.... nor going anywhere inside her....   until she has been broken... by me!" 
lol.
I'm sure full reviews will come in time....

At least it seems to shoot from the center of the barrel/suppressor as it should. That's at least one up over the G&G despite the other misgivings. Battery location is a nice touch though. Ultimately what I think kills it for looks is how flat is seems, which I'm sure can be sorted out with some faux wood effect on the stock and some weathering and shine on the metal bits.

I hope S&T see the errors of their ways and release a wood stock version. I have their PPSH and the wood is beatiful, had a hard time giving it the used look.

Ive ben asking myself this for a long time: I get it that manufacturers dont wanna waste money and time giving their replicas different shades of grey and black, depending on if it's the barrel, the body, etc. But, if they are going to use only one, uniform colour, why don't they at leadt make it dark grey, which would suit better a greater number of guns, rather than matte or satin black?

Insider: you should camo this gun up, something russian inspired.

have checked for steel...  all springs are steel.... and there's a little bit in the front sight.  lol.

i'll get the wife to inspect it....  shes the metal expert.  ;)

and yes...  i'm considering aging.... making her a nice dress... and even wondering what painting a wood stock woudl look like... if i can find a good tutorial.
I also need to consider a full Russian kit... or the usual I'm a terrorist/freedon fighter and pried in from the cold hands of a spetsnaz... lol.

shame on the offset nozzle. looks like i may have to contact bingo to help me P* it. since he can make offset nozzles for P*.

At least it seems to shoot from the center of the barrel/suppressor as it should. That's at least one up over the G&G despite the other misgivings. Battery location is a nice touch though. Ultimately what I think kills it for looks is how flat is seems, which I'm sure can be sorted out with some faux wood effect on the stock and some weathering and shine on the metal bits.

lol, im probably going to nickel plate the metal bits and turn it into some competition mut looking thingamabob.

or maybe some other retarded color.

ill be over it in a week though. so i may never do anything...

and yes...  i'm considering aging.... making her a nice dress... and even wondering what painting a wood stock woudl look like... if i can find a good tutorial.

Plenty on Youtube. But for the immediate, no-skills results, rubbing the externals (metal bits) with heavy silicone oil on a cotton ball works great in replicating the oil drenched painted (not blued) finish of Soviet guns. It will also help contrast against the flat plastic stock and foregrip. It's temporary though, shine will eventually rub off but will last you a good week or two before having to re apply. Obviously, don't leave so much on that the gun itself is slippery.

Archived