PDI McMillan M40A3 due early 2014

Hatchet

but their Hopup unit is a pain in the *albatross*...

I imagine you are talking about the infamous dual-adjusted hopup? If so, very much true BUT once you set that up it will be VERY good and there is no hopup with better adjustment and accuracy due to the fact that you can set it for sides separately.

As for the gun. This will most likely be the "inokatsu" of snipers with a price to match. Maybe a bit more skirmishable then Ino.

I'm thinking they chopped a giant hole in it for the mag.  If I wanted a McMillan stock for airsofting this bad I'd just get an unfinished one to molest with a Dremel.  

Which is great if you have the skills and the easy access to firearms parts, but a lot of people haven't...

It'll be interesting to see what it's like, certainly. I have mixed feelings on PDI products - I've always liked their inner barrels, but a lot of the other kit was only okay. Now, if they found a way to make it VSR hop compatible... I suspect not, but we can but hope.

"We deem to get your agreement for the below policy when you place an order. 

We couldn't assure the trouble with your lack of skill."

.... lol burned. 

edit* With a RS stock being (in the UK) at the range of £1100^, and PDI prices being usually pretty insane, I'm guessing it'd be a £2000 gun before it reaches the UK? (so £3000?) Please get one PureSilver, I need to play with it. 

The McMillans aren't that expensive; a fully inletted A4 is $548, plus the saddle cheekpiece ($128) and adjustable LOP ($128) totals $804, or about £600 including import taxes but not shipping. I'd budget £650-675 (and six months) for the stock fitted to the PDI M40A3. As to the rest of it, I think it will be pretty expensive, but I don't think it will be world-endingly so. PDI sell complete actions (everything except the stock) for £460ish; yes, this rifle has a custom bolt handle, a custom trigger box and possibly other alterations, but I don't think they'll add another £1k to the price. I predict this arriving at at XFire at around the £1,400 mark, which would put it in the UK at what - £1700?

I'll split it 50:50 with you, how's that sound? :P

There's a very unique malfunction on the ASW338, out-of-battery-multi-feeding. If that happens it will cost around half an hour to fix and requires disassembly of most of the rifle.

On VFC M40A3 I can "feel" it's less likely to happen but this time the problem and the standard-fixing-procedure is written on the user manual in case of something hits the fan. :P

ok, got some info from PDI as messaged them directly, will paraphrase what they wrote as cant copy and paste anything into here for some reason.

Price:  $3000 USD, not a type 3000

Quantity: first batch will be about 50 b/c they can only get that many stocks from McMillan

Internals: most likely use APS parts/system, b/c they said the VSR isn't "good for shooting", b/c the VSR pulls the chamber back so its moveable, whereas the APS system doesn't do that, so they think that's the better idea for shooting.

As much as I wanted this, but for $3k, I could get another RS VIS or LMT upper for my ptw along w/ a trijicon .... maybe ill see if they change price of will get the VFC m40a3 and upgrade w/ VSR parts (or whatever if compatible)

Enjoy the info

Archived