ACE 1 Arms Osprey Replica Suppressor 'Coming Soon'

Rob15

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people who can't sleep without proper markings on their stuff (just like me) i am founded ineresting photos.

TB1vw2J2Kdg.jpg

Manufacturer's marking on silencer. Bottom side.

biRX3ozlNtI.jpg

".578x28"

P.S. Since imageshack begging $2 per month i am now uploading photos on my VK.com page.

Got mine today, the power up / inner barrel version and Kenxin no probs with cycling on TM 1911 Guarder kitted and Detonator threaded barrel but thats more down to the Detonator outer barrel as this thing is heavy. Don't own a chrono but don't think it's made any difference in fps but the inner barrel on the gun with detonator barrel sit's way deep to properly connect with the inner barrel in silencer. And people if anyone was thinking of slapping on a threaded barrel on their 1911, buy the detonator one, can't recommend it enough .  

• 3 months later...

I bought the 8 inch black one of these and the extra attachments for the other thread directions. It came with the 14+, so with the extra pieces I have the 14- and 16+ too. Its usable on pretty much every gun I own. I bought this mainly to go on my KWA MK23 because I saw lots of pictures using that set up to promote sales of the suppresor.

However, much to my dissappointment, when it arrived I attached it after changing the insert to the 16mm and took it out to fire a few rounds. When you fire it, the outer barrell of the MK23 pulls back when the slide cycles and sadly pulls back far enough to bring the threaded part back over the lower frame causing the lower part of the suppressor to hit the frame which stops the slide from fully cycling and loading the next round rendering the gun unusable.

Its a shame, because the suppressor looks awesome on the MK23. I'll probably use it on my Kriss Vector now or maybe my MP7. Make sure that you try before you buy. That said, it may be fine on the TM fixed slide MK23 but I cannot say as I don't own one. Oh, and shame on those retailers for advertising images of the KWA MK23 to sell this suppressor.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what is going on with this item in the United States? I ask because this item is practically NONEXISTANT stateside and asking about it will get you wide eyed, tight lipped responses from retailers.

It's not been carried by any of the major stores (AirsoftGI, Evike, etc) since mid-April this year and I can't get a straight answer out of any of them as to why they've all suddenly deleted everything (newsposts, youtube videoes, online purchasing pages, etc) pertaining to the Ace 1 Arms OSP suppressor.

I'm guessing there were some licensing issues or something and every retailer in the U.S. tossed their inventory in fear of getting sued?

no doubt that licensing was the issue. im not surprised as it happens far more often than not. airsoft suppressors are also still in a legal gray area in the states to begin with.

either way though, just order from overseas. theres lots of trusted Hong Kong shops.

no doubt that licensing was the issue. im not surprised as it happens far more often than not. airsoft suppressors are also still in a legal gray area in the states to begin with.

either way though, just order from overseas. theres lots of trusted Hong Kong shops.

That's a real shame :(

The reason why I was looking for a stateside retailer was because all the HK shops charge $120+ including shipping for the 7 inch version and there is no guarantee that it won't be seized by customs once it reaches New York anyway. 

Sure wish I'd bought one when stores here had them as soon as they were available, but I was waiting for reviews... Guess I waited too long.

No doubt that licensing was the issue.

Probably not just licencing but SilencerCo have a patent (pending) which covers the mounting/locking design so they'd have multiple ways to stop them being sold in the US if the ACE 1 Arms uses the same design, which I'm guessing it does.

I think I paid around $80 shipped from HK for the 7" inner barrel version.

The price estimates I'm getting from JKarmy, TModelCo. and other HK retailers is ~$75 for the OSP itself, 30 for the piston/threads (which is pretty much required to mount on different pistol threads) and then another 30-40 for shipping to New York. This doesn't even include possible customs fees and taxes.

All together, it is a real bummer having to weigh the value of a suppressor vs. being able to buy another gbb pistol at an expected total cost of ~$150.

Probably not just licencing but SilencerCo have a patent (pending) which covers the mounting/locking design so they'd have multiple ways to stop them being sold in the US if the ACE 1 Arms uses the same design, which I'm guessing it does.

yeah, its very close to the real thing. not sure how close though.

changing ace 1 osprey threaded cylinder thingies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BFOMQZ4wxY#t=13

real silencerco osprey assembly:

Archived