GHK M4 CO2 magazine v2

emp3ror86

So the GHK M4 works on CO2. Great news. :)

Awesome news indeed - My only concern is will these mags leak at every opportunity like the first gen, and will you be able to remove capsules easily without throwing the mag baseplate first at a concrete floor 6-8 times?

Perhaps this will cheer up hwagan after missing out on the fun that is the beauty of a G&P SR16E3 WOC :P

YOU SHUT UP SIR. :P

Awesome news indeed - My only concern is will these mags leak at every opportunity like the first gen, and will you be able to remove capsules easily without throwing the mag baseplate first at a concrete floor 6-8 times?

Leaking is something that can be resolved, unless the design is so FUBAR like it is at eb tech magazines. I took apart a gen 1 magazine from GHK, and that thing is a spaceship compared to eb tech in design. So I think these new ones will be okay.

Leaking is something that can be resolved, unless the design is so FUBAR like it is at eb tech magazines. I took apart a gen 1 magazine from GHK, and that thing is a spaceship compared to eb tech in design. So I think these new ones will be okay.

Stopping the leaking isn't such an issue; It's the fact that the capsules get stuck so solidly you literally need to throw the magazine, hard, at a solid surface to jar it loose...

Stopping the leaking isn't such an issue; It's the fact that the capsules get stuck so solidly you literally need to throw the magazine, hard, at a solid surface to jar it loose...

Surely fixing that's just a case of carefully filing/sanding away the inside of the tube until the capsules drop out on their own?

are g5 mags compatible with standard wa systems?

They are - Depending on the receiver obviously. They require a little filing for a Vipertech, but they fit my Prime LMT receiver like a glove. Slightly snug and don't drop free, but they're nearly a perfect fit and they function fine. Can't comment on Ino's, but I imagine they'll work. I doubt they'd fit in the G&P Magpul lower though, that seems to be unusually tight even with G&P Pmags.

Surely fixing that's just a case of carefully filing/sanding away the inside of the tube until the capsules drop out on their own?

Unfortunately not - The width of the tube isn't the issue, it's the capsules getting stuck on the seal. You can wiggle the Co2 cap around inside the tube, but it won't come out without a hell of a lot of force. Still, GHK Gen1 Co2's are all but impossible to get hold of anyway these days, and I sold mine after getting fed up of them.

I heard of a mod where one could cut a small section of an aeg spring for the C02 tube which assists in the extraction. Never tried it myself but sounds like it'll work.

That's not a bad idea actually - Still, I'd much prefer to just wait for the Gen2's and pick some of those up instead, GHK don't tend to need more than a 2nd revision to work out kinks in most of their products so I'm quite hopeful for these!

Hwagan, wouldn't a dab of silicone grease on the seal solve that?

But even it it would, you'd still have to carry around silicone grease to dip your capsules in...

I don't think so... The problem with mine seemed to be that the valve was roughly this shape:

|   |

\__/

So it'd essentially barb the capsules when it pierced them. Could have been the brand of Co2 caps I was using I guess, but a friend of mine had the same issue with different branded capsules, so I'm not so sure.. 

Archived