New FMA maritime 1:1 aramid fiber version Helmet

Stormbreaker

I just found out on FMA's website that they will be releasing a 1:1 copy of the Ops Core FAST Helmet in an aramid fiber version. This looks extremely interesting!

Right now they only take pre-orders which will be shipped in about a month.

The english description on their website looks like it was generated by Google Translation so it's kind of hard to understand everything. Not quite sure if this is supposed to have real Kevlar protection or they just used some fiber to make it look like it. It definitely seems like it will almost be as heavy as the original.

http://www.fmahk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=691

The price for the helmet will be $189:

http://www.tbairsoft.com/fma-maritime-11-aramid-fiber-version-helmet-demltb827-p-3350.html

FMA%20maritime%20%20aramid%20fiber%20ver

FMA%20maritime%20aramid%20fiber%20versio

%E5%A4%B4%E7%9B%94%204.jpg

This is a pretty attractive option I think, the price is close to a real jump yes, but for those who crave the "correct" model, this looks like it will be the ultimate choice potentially. I have the AOR1 pattern Ops core jump, and the reason I went for a real one at the end is because the clones always had poor dials and straps, or at least poor compares to the real ops core ones, so it works itself loose over time (or if you're unlucky, right away). FMA from what I've seen puts a lot of effort in their helmet accessories, their Manta strobe / various NV mounts are great quality, so I could only expect the same for their helmets.

that is fiberglass ,that particular type is called woven roving used for boat building. At that thickness it will be incredibly strong. The helmet I made with similar materials is thinner than that and I can stand on it . the black bit could be diolen made for taking heavy impacts.

actually I do spot some kevlar there in the bottom RH side, missed it before .Wouldn't think much goes in though looking at the cross section on that layup  .Tbh though you could build it with roving & matting, be the same weight and still more than strong enough and a hell of a lot cheaper materials wise .

Just thought I was wrong about the ballistic test when I looked at that image, thought I saw loads of empty brass shells on the ground, turns out they're just yellow leaves... lol

Slightly off topic* Heroshark you should make the Smith Optics style mesh for ops core helmets in general in the profile of the boogie with minimal framework.

b13b98fc9987458cde56c61b3979c1d3.jpg

^ also, that dude, while looking very cool, seems to be wearing sun glasses and night vision at the same time. I'm no expert but I suppose if you find a normal room too dark while wearing sunglasses, and taking them off is not an option, wearing an NV is a good compromise. 

Just thought I was wrong about the ballistic test when I looked at that image, thought I saw loads of empty brass shells on the ground, turns out they're just yellow leaves... lol

Slightly off topic* Heroshark you should make the Smith Optics style mesh for ops core helmets in general in the profile of the boogie with minimal framework.

b13b98fc9987458cde56c61b3979c1d3.jpg

^ also, that dude, while looking very cool, seems to be wearing sun glasses and night vision at the same time. I'm no expert but I suppose if you find a normal room too dark while wearing sunglasses, and taking them off is not an option, wearing an NV is a good compromise. 

Those are Smith's "Ignitor" lens, so at least they're not too dark.  :)  Still totally operator.

What I guess ( from the cross-section of the WIP pic ) is:

( Black epoxy-ish thing)

Aramid-CF Mix Weave ( wild guess from the underside of the finished product pic, it's a yellow-black checkered pattern, instead of yellow only in the WIP pic )

CF

CF

CF

CF

CF

CF

CF

CF

CF

Aramid-CF Mix Weave

In a total of 12 layers of fiber

OEM.

Why?  Aramid/Carbon/Plastic helmets in the same pattern as the product lines for OPS Core, pretty sure American defense companies outsource too...

That and a friend has both, pretty much identical.

Any one wants a near new LBH F6 Defender CRW helmet?

I suspect it's some dodgy impact test with some sort of hand tool, since even air rifles only shoot at 2J in Hong Kong (legally), and they have no access to firearms unless they have police friends who took it into their practising range... which I feel is highly unlikely. 

I highly doubt that they did the tests in HK; probably tested in the Mainland.  In that case, there is no limit for airsoft guns because you're not allowed to own airsoft anyway.  >2J is likely.

Given that UNCo was caught tuning guns for Mainlanders above 2J (as the rumor mill goes) it's likely a significant amount of airsoft guns privately owned in China are above the 2J limit.

Archived