Wolverine airsoft - Polarstar competitor

aprogressivone

WOW. The revolution has started....Polarstar, Tippmann, and now Wolverine Airsoft. HPA for all! A new company is working on a competitor to Polarstar. It is literally a drop in cylinder... Uses your existing gearbox... This should be much cheaper. A drop in cylinder is a great idea, and if works as promised will give Polarstar a serious run for its money. I just saw this on http://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/1...r_to_polarstar/

Official site

Video of it shooting.

Launch Video

Look how simple the internals are in this. I know some people will cling to aeg's due to fear of remote line. But I think now that airsoft is more popular worldwide rather than just in Japan.. Commonsense will take over. Paintball electro-pneumatic and mechanical bolts like the new tippman are just more reliable and better than an aeg. Its about time this has happened. The cost will keep going down and down and down as more companies make them.

IMG_20140118_143346790.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How stupid can tacticool guys changing mags with pewpew guns look? That stupid.

On the topic, even though I dont really care about these in place of normal AEGs, I WILL get one to stuff inside my MP7 to get it working. Still tempted with full "analog" approach though, JAC BV...

I don't mind an alternative for people who want it, but I sure hope this doesn't cut too heavily into the GIM GBBR market :(

I don't think it will to be honest, it's another recoil-less system and people who want recoil will still buy a GBBr, those who don't are probably still buying AEGs anyway or a Polarstar, this is more likely to eat into the Polarstar market if anything but if the airsoft market as a whole keeps expanding it may not eat into any market really, just take up some new demand.

This is hardly an original concept - it's a copy of something that a Russian Airsofter was working on several years ago. Given that the OP has two posts to his name, why do I think that he/she has something to do with the company?

LMAO. I registered on this site in 2009 man. I stopped playing airsoft years ago and I just started back up recently in the past month. I just wanted to post the news of this after I saw it on reddit. I personally think GBBR has its place... but AEG's were created out of Japan where there is a much lower fps/joule limit than most other countries. The amount of tuning that companies and people went through to get AEG's up to higher performance validates the use of non blow back HPA.  It is simply way more reliable out the box and more consistent. As more people stop worrying about modern hpa tanks(light weight) with remote lines and realizing it is not cumbersome or killing the milsim aspect of airsoft, more people will be willing to try these out. I never claimed this is the replacement of GBBR, but better than dealing with the moving parts of AEG's for people that don't care about blowback. I am personally more excited about the Tippmann since I used to use them in my paintball days and it actually has some form of blowback and sounds better..

see this new video of the "P4" prototype below.

http://s1037.photobucket.com/user/peace_maker4life/media/IMG_2137_zps64133e82.mp4.html

Why does it feel like airsoft is now going backwards?

Agreed, although, I think it's also a case of "where does airsoft go from here?". It's a bit like clothing fashion, because the human form is, well, pretty static in terms of developing beyond two arms, two legs and a crotch, you end up seeing the fashion styles just spinning around in circles. I mean, a pair of jeans isn't ever going to go beyond being flared or tight, flared or tight, etc etc, and on and on.

With the various limitations placed on airsoft, ammunition and velocities, there's just not much more that can be done.....add in the limitation of the gun having to parrot real steel rifles and the iron cage is complete.

On topic; I really don't see how these HPA rifles really offer anything more than an AEG, apart from the fact I can charge my AEG battery at home or off my car, while I need to grease the palm of my local dive shop every time I'd care to shoot a HPA set-up.

I get that there are fewer moving parts, but alternatively, the various gearbox designs are so (relatively) ancient, a company would have to be making a specific effort to get it wrong. And if they did, there's so many parts out there and competent air-smiths, you'd have to make a conscious effort to NOT get your gun fixed and back in play.

GIM makes sense, hell, even a Daytonagun makes sense, because they offer you something that an AEG doesn't, but the HPA set-ups just seem like a solution to a problem that was solved a long time ago.

It only makes sense when you start to play with a Polarstar ( and I've got two of them sitting here right now). The fact that you can adjust pretty much everything about how they function means you can tailor it to perfection - something I've found particularly useful when setting up DMRs. Sadly, the FCU system if this product doesn't seem to have anywhere near the adjustability of a P* FCU.

Archived