VZ.58 Models, by ARES

Gunmane

I don't see how Ares offers the best of both worlds while keeping it affordable. 

I hope you mean worst, unless you are into playing the fleshy flute. :P

Either way ARES are just a no on my part, I mean STAR was bad but ARES, damn.

'FireKnife'

I hope you mean worst, unless you are into playing the fleshy flute. :P

Well that's the point, it's not just fleshy flute, it's skin bongos as well.

But to hurl this back on topic, for me Ares died the day I read about RC's China Lake story. Also I can't own any AK variant (I know this isnt' an AK variant but you know what I mean) that isn't full steel and full wood bakelite (in this case), which I doubt Ares can deliver. 

ares may have thier flaws (and RC's case is awful) but atleast they make interesting models. stop buying m4s ffs and we might have cool new guns that don't require a complete internal re-do or to be sold on swiftly

that shorty one looks BADASS

No-one has given me _real reason_ why so many ppl hate it so much. I have yet to see all of their models internaly but many of the more exotic models i have seen and i see no reason for all the rage.

i see no reason for all the rage.

The hate has little to do with their products, it's more of a moral stance, really long story short, renegadecow (if you aren't familiar, builds and designs things, including airsoft guns) has built a working 40mm China Lake launcher, sold the design to Ares, and Ares turned around, took the design, and made up some that violated the contract and essentially robbed him of his hardwork.

stop buying m4s ffs and we might have cool new guns that don't require a complete internal re-do or to be sold on swiftly

If everyone who wants to buys ARs ceases to do so (which is a *fruitcage* ton of people), where exactly are the profits that are required to design all these 'cool new' guns you clamor for going to magically appear from?  Unless you've got the necessary funds to model/prototype/iterate/test/mould/machine/manufacture/market an entirely new super awesome design with rock solid internals squirreled way in your mattress, I think you're running with a bad plan.

The huge groups of people who buy exactly the guns you clearly hate so much (for whatever unknown reason) are literally pouring money in to the R&D of the guns you do want to buy.  ARs are the bread and butter of a huge sector of the airsoft market and they're what keep companies like G&P, G&G, ICS, VFC (to name but a few) ticking along nicely and able to bear the venture risks of developing new models.  G&G in particular are doing just that all of the time, they sell CM16 sportlines by the actual truck load and those profits go in to holding up stuff like their M1903/MG42/AK5C because niche guns like that simply will not generate the necessary turn over to carry a business that's robust enough to be capable of continually coming out with new designs.  It's us mindless sheep that fund the ambitions of the really cool guys, if anything you need to be encouraging everyone who wants an AR to go out and buy them by the the dozen.

If however you think ARES guns are ever going to internally solid you're in for continuous disappointment.  They've been mostly internally horrendous for their entire existence (and externally even worse in a few cases) and the purchasing habits of players are quite clearly not going to change that.  Especially when you consider that their AR line generally gets just as poor reviews as everything else.

Apart from anything else (speaking to the general audience) I personally think, along with a lot of others quite clearly, we need to all very much discourage anyone and everyone who'll listen from putting a single penny in ARES' pocket considering their disgusting, under-handed methods of doing business.  Using the term 'business' incredibly loosely there.

If everyone who wants to buys ARs ceases to do so (which is a *fruitcage* ton of people), where exactly are the profits that are required to design all these 'cool new' guns you clamor for going to magically appear from?  Unless you've got the necessary funds to model/prototype/iterate/test/mould/machine/manufacture/market an entirely new super awesome design with rock solid internals squirreled way in your mattress, I think you're running with a bad plan.

The huge groups of people who buy exactly the guns you clearly hate so much (for whatever unknown reason) are literally pouring money in to the R&D of the guns you do want to buy.  ARs are the bread and butter of a huge sector of the airsoft market and they're what keep companies like G&P, G&G, ICS, VFC (to name but a few) ticking along nicely and able to bear the venture risks of developing new models.  G&G in particular are doing just that all of the time, they sell CM16 sportlines by the actual truck load and those profits go in to holding up stuff like their M1903/MG42/AK5C because niche guns like that simply will not generate the necessary turn over to carry a business that's robust enough to be capable of continually coming out with new designs.  It's us mindless sheep that fund the ambitions of the really cool guys, if anything you need to be encouraging everyone who wants an AR to go out and buy them by the the dozen.

People will still buy M4s. Companies can keep on producing them without needing to release an m4 with a slightly different RAS or barrel length.

every time.

I don't hate m4s (my first aeg was an m16 and I have an lr300) however its a saturated market full of pretty boring models. If you like m4 and associated bits then bully for you. I waited for an LLM replica since 2005!

There is no chance that the demand for lesser-known models will surpass that of the M4 but it's interesting to compare the relative range of "classic" airsoft compared to now. 

Archived