VZ.58 Models, by ARES

Gunmane

It's your opinion that there are too many models and that they're boring.  What you see as a 'slightly different' forend is a substantial difference to someone else and it saves them a lot of time, effort and money having to buy a model that doesn't quite fit their criteria then break it down, sell off the unwanted bits, buy new ones, learn how to fit them, buy the specific proprietary tools, then pray to the gods of airsoft that the often wonky airsoft manufacturers tolerances all get along and everything fits together.

End of the day it's a competitive market and one largely populated with people who like to run with the newest designs of tactikool stuff because that's their preference in RIFs.  If companies don't keep with the times they lose out on sales.  I'm not an employee of a RIF manufacturer but my slightly-educated guess would be that if they lose out on sales they're going to lack the financial wiggle room to take the risk on products that, comparatively, won't sell in significant numbers.  Which would be a shame because there's plenty of stuff like a well made, widely available, reasonably priced Bren and SMLE, both of which I've been after for many years in airsoft form (to name a couple of examples from the top of my head).  The more different ARs G&G produce (they seem like a relevant candidate), I think it's all the more likely we'll see models like that on the market.

All this ares hate and my Tavor keeps pumping put BBs without me ever touching the internals. Well, keep at guys...

It keeps pumping out BBs for now, but one day, one of the bearings, gears, piston, microswitch, motor or trigger linkage will go, and someone will have to take it apart to fix it. If that someone's never taken an Ares Tavor apart, they will swear, loudly, when they figure out how they have to do so, or if you're the poor soul who has to do it, you'll have a feel for yourself just how insanely designed they are.

It keeps pumping out BBs for now, but one day, one of the bearings, gears, piston, microswitch, motor or trigger linkage will go, and someone will have to take it apart to fix it. If that someone's never taken an Ares Tavor apart, they will swear, loudly, when they figure out how they have to do so, or if you're the poor soul who has to do it, you'll have a feel for yourself just how insanely designed they are.

nope not by the least bit hard, I have one and there is not much to it, except a lot of unscrewing.

They could have done better, I agree, but, some people just blame manufacturers in general simply due to their own lack of skill.

nope not by the least bit hard, I have one and there is not much to it, except a lot of unscrewing.

They could have done better, I agree, but, some people just blame manufacturers in general simply due to their own lack of skill.

Where in my post did I say it was "hard" - I said badly designed and implied counter-intuituve. I've worked on several Ares Tavors and find them not to be much harder than a Guarder/LCT style AK or a Real Sword SVD, but that's not exactly a fair comparison against other Airsoft technicians or engineers.

Yes im sure all of us would have designed LOTS of things different. I have limited experience in airsoft manufacturing but some more in car part prototyping and manufacturing and believe me, little things we see as odd or not all that nice may have saved us from a lot bigger price-tag.

However, i also forsee the mentioned issues but for my luck i have a fully loaded machineshop to build improved parts. Ive once pulled the gb out of the tavor but i didnt open it nor change anything. Once something breaks, il fix the mentioned issues as well and add a mosfet.

Where in my post did I say it was "hard" - I said badly designed and implied counter-intuituve. I've worked on several Ares Tavors and find them not to be much harder than a Guarder/LCT style AK or a Real Sword SVD, but that's not exactly a fair comparison against other Airsoft technicians or engineers.

If that someone's never taken an Ares Tavor apart, they will swear, loudly,

I read that as "hard". and it's not really badly designed, because if that's the case, might as well put almost any other bullpup AEG on the same list.

purely on a mechanical point of view it's not bad. But for a fraction of the cost they should have gone with a simple 0-1-2 electronic system, the G&G G2010 would benefit from a same type of system.

Which would make it much more user friendly.

Archived