IWA News 2014 from Maple Leaf Tactical.

spetsnazdave87

Alright guys, I'm on the ground here in IWA and couldn't find the IWA thread so if the mods are cool with it, will be sticking all my resources in here as and when I upload them.

Here's a couple to start you off:

Prototype Plate Carrier from Pantac; Danny and myself demonstrating this currently in-development rig.

Pantac's Plate Carrier Pack, designed for Chinese LEOs.

A world EXCLUSIVE, got the first appointment of the IWA from WE airsoft and scooped their new product, their new and improved gas range they call Nuprol.

Will update this thread as and when, but if you want to see pictures and updates there first, check out my facebook page at facebook.com/mapleleaftactical or my youtube channel for first looks :)

Cheers!

Dave 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciated, dave!

Must've been agony to hear that WE europe guy telling the same few thing over and over again :P.

Looking forward to more news!

Ross' enthusiasm and belief in his product is contagious. Wasn't agony at all, I'd rather have one guy that's enthusiastic and believes in what he's made talk a lot than someone who clearly knows nothing about the product just going through the motions!

Further WE videos, Real Sword interview, Redwolf UK interview, Airsoft Surgeon interview, Leeds Airsoft interview, ASU interview and more recorded, more to follow.

Get in-depth with RealSword, please! I want my electromagnetic M4, NOW!

Exactly my words!!, Dave, go and interrogate them mercilessly and dont let them move until you get a video of the gun working... please?

Just when I was settled on getting an ASAR15 to replace my old beaten up ICS, RS comes to life with their old models... its like if they were trolling the airsoft community everyyear

Ok, I interviewed Real Sword, video should be done later. If you're wanting the AEG versions of the M4s, you're going to be sadly disappointed for at least another year. However the GBBR versions should be coming out May-Junetime according to them.

On a related note, RS staff speak very little English so you'll have to bear with the interview. 

Have some sexy pics to whet your appetite. 

Real Sword GBBR Colt 9mm SMG.

DSCF5988_zps0776ee38.jpg

Real Sword Prototype Mk12 SPR GBBR

DSCF6102_zps4e81726f.jpg

Real Sword SVD Dragunovs. Top two are AEG, bottom one is GBBR.

DSCF5996_zps1b91d0bb.jpg

Real Sword GBBR M16A4 with KAC RAS.

DSCF5992_zpsfb347164.jpg

Real Sword GBBR M16A2

DSCF5991_zps8a10f840.jpg

Real Sword GBBR M16A1

DSCF5990_zps48008eb4.jpg

And here's part two of the content from the WE airsoft booth, discussing the WE katana system and WE's plans for a Gen 2 release of pistols and others.

I would love to have one of those Colt 9mm SMGs as a GBBR. But I find it odd how in the picture it seems to be missing the bolt carrier.

Also their M16a1 has an A2 lower (Edit: Also it has an A2 stock, delta ring, barrel and front sight as well). Hopefully they fix that before release. Also hopefully they actually release any of it because this is real sword we're talking about.

I would love to have one of those Colt 9mm SMGs as a GBBR.

The Colt 9MM SMG shouldn't, in theory, be a particularly difficult gun to produce. You have the magazines (KWC/WA Uzi magazines available in both gas tank and CO2 capsule formats) and the receivers (standard AR-15); the only thing that needs to be added is the magazine well adapter block (not a complex part by any means) and a reworked hammer and bolt. It's definitely well within the realms of possibility, though as 1st Commando says RealSword have been promising new models for years and years and nothing has come of it so far. The sad truth may be that demand for their existing line-up (which is brilliant, if limited, don't get me wrong) is sufficient that they don't see the need to take risks debuting new models.

Archived