IWA News 2014 from Maple Leaf Tactical.

spetsnazdave87

i certainly hope you only have to hit the bolt catch.

Yeah it's true, I hope it's either one or the other, but not both, either hit bolt catch to reactivate, or pull bolt to reactivate (since if there is a new mag / no mag, pulling the bolt also works to reset the bolt lock). I guess the closest thing to compare with is the UMP, while it has a charging handle, it's also got a bolt release button and a bolt lock. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since CZ doesn't have any plans on making a longer version as far as I know, so yes, it is bizarre.

Well I did not say it felt like a sportsline, only that it looked like one.

I would be hugely ###### off. Still surprised me they did not take any legal action. then again they are not cybergun.

I actually discussed that off camera with another of the ASG guys (or someone else at the ASG booth anyway). I think the upgrades will be based around the bigger CZ assault rifle variants. It'll still be the smaller calibre but it'll look more like those models :)

Real guns are only of safe when you are shooting, when your trigger finger comes of the trigger the gun goes on safe, not so in airsoft and ambi HK guns also have this "problem" selector getting in the way of your finger unless it's on safe, gun problem or training problem?

Real guns are only of safe when you are shooting, when your trigger finger comes of the trigger the gun goes on safe, not so in airsoft and ambi HK guns also have this "problem" selector getting in the way of your finger unless it's on safe, gun problem or training problem?

That's nonsense, soldiers and police and competitive shooters don't safe their weapon every single time they take their finger off the trigger, that's why they take their finger off the trigger

Well, I have a little (admittedly a very little) with the IDF.

Mine agrees with Aod. The safety comes off when you need to fire your weapon, and it only goes back on again if you are taking your hands off the weapon (i.e., letting it ride on a sling or in a holster) or you will not need to fire it again. If in between those two points you are not actively shooting at something, but the weapon remains in your hands, your finger stays outside the trigger guard and the safety remains off.

Yes we are talking about the intersection of training and weapon design, some guns are designed to to be put on safe when you come of the trigger, H&K ambi selectors, that is just they way they are designed, driven by the thinking that you are not always in control of what happens in the real world, you might fall down (or get shot or blown up), and in that case what is better, a gun on safe or a gun on fire? we are not talking about dicking around on the range.

Anyway it's a training problem not a firearm problem.

I can't say I have any experience with guns that are designed to be put on safe when you come off the trigger. Coming off the trigger was always seen as sufficient by my instructors, the idea being that disengaging the safety took time you might not have when bringing the weapon to bear. Such are the joys of a conscript army; my 'training' stretched slightly further than 'dicking around on the range' (across the Negev with a select-fire M16A1).

I'm not saying that the up-safety-shoot-safety-down mode isn't how things should be done, just that that's not the way I was taught to do it. I was taught to take the safety off in anticipation of firing, and to keep my finger outside the trigger guard until firing, then to remove my finger from the guard and only safety the weapon if I did not anticipate firing further without interruption.

It blocks your hand/finger when you want to fire. Imagine a 5cm long ambi selector on a AR15.

Archived