Remove the 100 post limit on sales threads

i think one should be able to apply for permissions and be judged individually. i browse often, but seldom post. i have some great stuff to sell though.

Unfortunately that would require a lot of interaction from mods/admins and that is the main reason behind all this, the 100 post limit is automated, and the reduction in sales issues clears a lot of working hours for the mods to do other things.

• Like 2
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not fond of that, I like the 100 posts rule, a million times less likely to be a scammer or an asshat. Never had a bad deal on Arnies but had many on Zin even with their system.   A lot of people co

If someone doesn't want to hang around long enough just because they can't sell anything, I wonder just how valuable the content of their conversations are? Traffic slows down, sure, but wanting voice

Unknown newb buys rif on here, say an AEG.   Pays on time, receives RIF.   Guts said RIF and puts chinese bits back in.   Claims refund by PayPal   PayPal sides with buyer.   Seller is out

Believe it or not, the old days are gone. We need an influx of new people for this forum to survive.

I say bring the post count down to 50, maybe 40. We have a good community, but without a newer crowd, we'll end up a pre-historic memory, like a good number of other great forums. (airsoft retreat, airsoft barracks, trader airsoft). Plus, it's easier to scam people on reddit, then a forum.

Arnies has been around for a decent amount of time, it would be a shame for it to die.

Edit: our elitism will kill us to, unfortunately. Only reason Airsoft Forum and Zero In has as many members joining them is because they cater to new airsofters.

Edited by Gunnman
  • Like 1

That's because when the moderators speak, I listen.

Not to mention been here god knows how long! 

While 'new blood' would probably be a good thing, I am happy with the way Arnies is. How often do we have some *fruitcage*tard coming on pretending he was on Seal Team 6? or that 'if I wear real body armour then I don't have to take my hits'? Quite nice having a forum filled with genuine enthusiasts who are clued up in airsoft and generally pretty good folk. 

I'd say 50 posts, get a bit more traffic going.

• Like 2

Not to mention been here god knows how long! 

You're right, I've been here so long. Too long. Please excuse me whilst I delete my account and join all the Facebook groups, that's where the communi..... yea, no.

Facebook is a TERRIBLE forum for online discussion, a 'forum' forum is a far better forum for a community. People come and go, but with the 100 post limit for sales it really limits how many comers we get and we're still having the goers as people leave the sport for whatever reason. I'm more in favor of removing the limit altogether, but if it were to stay, but with a reduced number, it would have to be closer to 25 or even 15. 50 posts is still too 'daunting'(for lack of a better word) for new people who are used to how the facebook groups work.

• Like 1

But most of them can be educated. We have to learn patience because they have been corrupted by things like facebook and reddit.

When I joined airsoft retreat in 2005, I was a tard too, but I learned the value of the information. I got my ego ripped apart more than once, but I kept at it.

Now I do my own thing, and not worry about fitting in. People will stay if they like the environment, and people will leave if they don't.

It's the fact that we might have a more twat to enthusiast ratio in the long run, that worries me.

Edited by Gunnman
  • Like 2

might as well throw my 2 cents in here (considering that i was the one originally suggested and instigated the rule when i was a moderator back in '07 or so) the 100 post rule was set up back then as at the time there were a multitude of scammers turning up, putting items for sale and then fleecing members out of money and magically disappearing. back then the forums were quite busy and social media sites were in their infancy and with the vcrb clamping down on people buying and selling airsoft items without a valid defence, steps had to be taken in order to protect members from being ripped off at a time when airsoft pretty much had it's nackers on the chopping block. now (almost 10 years after that 100 post rule was first put into use) the day of the forum has sadly dwindled due to the popularity of sites like twitter and facebook thereby reducing the number of members that used to influx this site. yes maybe the 100 post rule should be reduced down to 50 or even 25 posts, but you have to bear in mind that the forums were once a place of information, reviews and airsoft events.... not just so people would join up, sell an m4 and then buggar off again.

yes the 100 post rule is now obsolete and i agree with that and if you want to blame someone for it, then blame me, but for the benefit of the new members who turn up and randomly start bashing the mods and the forums in general - that's not fair. it worked back then, maybe not as much now. at the end of the day the mods and the forums had the members interests and safety at heart (and still do)

anyway, rant over..... i'm off to build a dalek or something....

peace out ;)

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

No problem. If you want anything please do ask either on here or prod me direct!

I am busy rebuilding and upgrading everything. Have loads of content I wanted to add back and new content to add, happy to apply new features or fix anything else while working. I am keen to rebuild the forums, I haven’t had the time I should have had in the past few years sadly. 

• Like 1