DYTAC's HK416 SMR RIS's are out!

aznriptide859

I have to say I am impressed, although I don't share common love for 416. These are really faithful, nicely finished and CHEAP replicas.

Dytac's really taken care of 416 fans.... 

You realize that the real SMR requires you to remove the sling mounts on the gas block too, right?

Can VFC barrel nuts fit the TM?  If so why don't you just get a spare VFC barrel nut from WGC for the TM and if the locking nub on the top RIS fits the TM upper receiver you'll have your SMR rail on the TM 416.

Dytac rail DOES NOT fit the TM 416!!

First you gotta take the gas block off because the rails wont fit on there. Also it wont go over the barrel nut that is in place sadly. So you must either dremel the barrel nut or the inside of the railing.
Who wants to buy my Dytac Rail? =)

azn im disappointed.

anyways, a real hk416/mr556/223 barrel nut is not expensive

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Barrel-Nut-Socket-HK-416-MR556-p2535.htm#.UyYCbfldXQg

Definitely possible to get a spare from VFC since theyre good with that kind of stuff. I heard they're aluminum so there's an aftermarket steel one by Z-Parts which does some pretty niche accessories. They buy real 416 parts to reference so it's definitely the same spec as the real one.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=ZPTW-V416-BL&search=special&rs=GBB%20-%20Barrel%20Nut&catid=80&cat=870

the whole aeg upper receiver threading is a difficult issue especially when you factor G&P uppers in the mix as well, apparently lightly sanding down the threads (the ridges of the threads itself) will allow you to use a real barrel nut, ymmv however.

I don't know if the one i got is out of spec but i had to remove the sling lugs - which i was expecting but i also had to really dremel away a fair amount of material from the bayonet lug and the underside of the gas block to get it over said part. once it had cleared that tand got to the barrel nut it was tighter than a ducks *albartroth* and required the judicial application of a rubber mallet to get it to seat properly. Once on though, it looks the canines danglies!!

CFAF3989-B2A3-4E26-B32F-A9CD6CC17390_zps

22A8AF1B-825D-4FAA-B9BB-B3006B31AD9A_zps

3023BB8A-2D19-414A-8E14-E2175B90D7AD_zps

Archived