PTS Masada clone by A&K

Isamu

The sticker looks awfully like the one the old masada had from Umarex/cybergun (cant remember which one) maybe they keep licensing them or A&K happened to have a couple of boxes with spare stickers...

Funny thing is that A&K has cloned even the PTS label :lol:

I's basically still the same, except different furniture parts and a different gas block (cloned from the PTS version).

And of course, not compatible with the ACR PTS.

do watch out where you buy them from.

They are sometimes (deliberately?) mistaken for streamline versions of the ACR PTS, easily slapping you an extra 100usd.

If PTS lost the license from Magpul, how are A&K doing this above board? :huh:

I'm not against it, just seems strange.

Have airsoft companies from that part of the world ever cared about licensing...? :D

Yes, I'm aware.  But notice the past tense in your sentence there?

PTS lost their license so where do A&K reckon they're getting theirs from?  Clearly the answer is nowhere, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, just find it weird they're lying about it.

Industries pulled the license for everything from PTS, they're not producing accessories or weapons any more.  The ERG series stuff (lowers/accessories/PMAGs) sort of lags on for now but the official statement was that's going to stop at some point as well in not too long.

My thought would've been that that means A&K has, by extension, no official rights to produce any replicas of Magpul Industries stuff.  They've definitely not gone through Remington.  But hey whatever, not like anyone in China's gonna care either way.

I had the pts masada, and externally it was great. Internally I cant really comment because I was honestly to afraid to use it. I used to work at an airsoft store and the techs were always bitching about working on pts masadas. The externals on the a&k may not be as nice, but apparently the internals are a lot easier to work on and not nearly as problematic.

The only product I have had from PTS was a Magpul PDR and I was not too impressed. Pretty much the same external quality as my first generatio A&K Masada.

Well it's not, not by a long shot. The materials are different for starters, and the finish on the edges is much smoother with the PDR.

I know, since I have stripped a dozen A&K masada's, from first till latest models.

As for the PTS ACR, I honestly don't know what the fuss is all about.

It's easy to work on.

If a tech can't handle that, his future doesn't seem to be bright.

Archived