New wide bore barrel from prometheus

kimkafwan

I bet, magic and japanese fairy dust like Marui

In all seriousness, theory should be the almost the same as the Orga barrels coupled with somekind of BB stabilizer at the beguining of the barrel and some fancy c00l name

Fortunatly they havent used anykind of bad albatroth achronim like most other brands do

Cheaper, from a known brand, and it includes a hop rubber? Sweet deal.

I just want someone to do some proper scientific testing of FPS, range, and accuracy with a stock, tightbore, and widebore. There seems to be plenty of conjecture but not enough reliable data.

At $40 that's very competitive.
The cross section looks interesting - wonder how far down that goes - I'm assuming just around the hop window, then opens up into a normal round barrel?

Would definitely like to see a solid test comparing this to other barrels in the same set up (i.e. compare to a 6.03, 6.01, 6.04 and a TK all at 328FPS) - but would need to be a fairly stable and consistent build.
I think someone did do a test like this with the TK and a TBB, seem to remember it was on a Canadian forum?

A bit OT but I've just compared a TM OEM pistol barrel and a TK barrel on my G17.

TK barrel shoots at lower FPS but flight trajectory seems more consistent, maybe just placebo effect instead of gyro or air cushion effect but I don't feel like switching back again.

Conclusion: I would be buying one of those for the big *albatross* bore diameter :P

bout time we get an affordable wide bore option. 

also, their flat hop bucking is included only in the first batch as a promo thingy.

oh, BTW, their available at Redwolf and probably everywhere else soon. 30USD and change.

they say on the page 10%, but thats probably a 10% loss from Japanese standard FPS ratings. i have heard a loss of as much as 50 FPS with orga barrels over standard bores and US FPS ratings. i have not yet messed around with large bore barrels, so i cannot confirm. tread carefully.

You loose fps with the TK because it's a 6.08 barrel where as the TMs tend to be 6.05 to tbe best of my knowledge.

Nope, stock TM barrels are 6.08mm, I've measured a number of my own TM barrels with an internal bore micrometer and they all read 6.08mm (+/-0.01mm), measuring the same barrels with a regular set of digital calipers puts them at about 6.04mm which is what most people seem to do but those are not accurate enough for measuring a part where the difference between stock and upgrade is usually around 0.04mm, probably why there are so many guns that apparantly have tightbores as standard.

EDIT : Just realised I have a TK twist barrel from one of my USP .40 SDs, that reads as 6.08mm and 6.18mm between the grooves (+/- 0.01mm).

Archived