VFC M&P9 Released

TheFull9

Hopefully it makes it here within the next week or so then I'll be able to do one right away.  Unfortunately past experience has shown that WGC packages usually take about 10-12 days total, but then they used to be quite slow on the packaging/shipping (like a week+ on some occasions to dispatch) whereas this order only took maybe 36 hours, fingers crossed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it makes it here within the next week or so then I'll be able to do one right away. Unfortunately past experience has shown that WGC packages usually take about 10-12 days total, but then they used to be quite slow on the packaging/shipping (like a week+ on some occasions to dispatch) whereas this order only took maybe 36 hours, fingers crossed.

I recently ordered a Tanaka from WGC, and it was all very fast on their end. It was in the UK in 2/3 days, but sat in customs for 2 weeks...

Anyway, may order one, trades look nice. The M&p is one of those guns that just doesn't look right without them.

Order shipped.  Come ooon EMS.

I thought Hong Kong retailers are not allowed to use EMS anymore to ship pistols ?

I recall once TMC shipped a pistol to me EMS, and it was returned to them by Hong Kong Post a day later.

The packaging (box) isn't very big with the VFC M&P so maybe it will slip through, unless it's scanned by HKPO,

worse case scenario would be returned to WGC then re shipped using UPS.

Best case scenario and hopefully straight through all the way EMS with no customs charges ;)

Either way, I hope you get your M&P fast and am looking forward to seeing some shots.

Quite a while back I did have WGC e-mail me a couple of times after placing orders containing RIFs to say I'd need to change to a courier like FedEx, but that was probably a year ago, maybe more.  Had a fair few guns (including maybe 4-5 pistols) since then by EMS without any issues.  Guess something changed?  Hard to say with Hong Kong.

Not surprising they've sold quickly really, the WE model is clearly a turkey shoot as to whether you get one that works based on the various chatter on forums etc.

Even if the TM does suddenly pop up this year (which would be a serious increase in development speed, how many years have they been displaying resin models?) I won't regret buying this for the reasons mentioned earlier.  I think propane is probably going to be too much for any new TM design.

Though it is unfortunate that the release order has been kinda backwards as it were.  In the past you had the likes of WE cloning the TM so the mags were compatible, having the releases in reverse order kinda kills that because you know TM won't have copied anyone else.

I ordered mine on thursday and it is at packaging status since then. My experience with WGC is that they post the items a bit slowly tough sometimes they can be fast. Maybe there is a chosen time when they post their packages?

Arrived in the UK, pending customs inspection as of yesterday.  Usually (probably 90% of past shipments) customs takes about a day for me, but I've had to resort to including a short essay to WGC in the order comments to explain very clearly that they need to write my UKARA number on the parcel/paperwork and honestly declare the contents of any packages.  This being after I purchased two ARs in a single order, which when you take in to account the cardboard boxes they come in makes for a pretty sizable box.  All they put on the declaration was 'model parts' which obviously raised suspicion, the package was searched and resulted in about a 3 month delay in me finally getting my RIFs while I provided invoice/value copies, VCRA defence proof etc etc.

Here's hoping the customs inspectors are feeling nice and motivated to crack through plenty of their backlog after a sunny weekend.

This now implies the uselessness of spending 29000 jpy/250$ in the Detonator kit for WE M&P (unless someone wants to spend that money just to have 40 S&W markings and for the better quality of the kit).

For once in my (collector) life I'll likely choose the cheaper option and go with this.

Well that's good news, you just got in there in time as they are sold-out with AG & WGC.

Rumour mill has the TM HK45 for April and TM M&P for October,

Never quote me though ;)

Edit : EMS tracking for Hong Kong is down until tomorrow.

While the TM HK45 sounds utterly useless to my ears, I'd gladly wait for a TM M&P and a metal kit for it, instead of buying the VFC one; but I'm pretty sure there will be a non licensed frame (so we'll need to take an aftermarket one, maybe produced by NeBula?); who knows if it's worth the hassle and, likely, (over) twice the money you need for a standard VFC M&P.

I think EHobby should be just getting ready to put their VFC M&Ps up on the website,

for anyone that might have missed the initial WGC & AG guns.

The downside for the TM release will be its ABS, and more than likely will feature a 'Made In Japan' frame,

so it will cost the price of the VFC gun again to replace the frame and change the slide to metal i.e. Nova, Shooters Design.

So the VFC is great value for money.

If you want it as close to the real thing of course.  I think for anyone happy to just run it on 144a or equivalent the TM will undoubtedly solider on for years and have better QC and more consistent internals than the VFC, most likely a better hop unit/parts and barrel.  Just depends on the intended end use of the gun.

You always get two e-mails for the packaging stage, no idea why.

And then another a few days later to say its 'out of stock'

That has been their form of late ;)

But you might have scraped through, but you should know by now either way.

CKinnerley - any update on your Customs wait ?

I checked about EMS and they are definetly not taking Airsoft Pistol deliveries for Ireland - just parts.

All packages will be returned for re-sending.

I did have that once on an outer barrel, but of the hundreds of things I've ordered from them I'll forgive the one slip in that respect.  Not that I'm excusing them doing it to other people, maintaining accurate stock levels on the site shouldn't even need any manual input apart from initially telling the software how many you've got, after that it ought to just tick down automatically.

Apparently as of 9:04 this morning the package went from 'Awaiting Customs clearance' to 'Received and processed' based on the tracker on the parcel force site.  Still at the international hub so it's potentially got another jump before it's at the particular hub in London I can go and collect it from.

Don't think anyone's even got their hands on one yet, so you're not likely to get an answer to that question right now.

Hopefully someone who already owns appropriate sights has managed to grab one of this first batch; personally I've not even ordered a holster yet because we're not 100% if the overall dimensions are RS spec (it's highly likely, but I'm not going to risk it this second).

Well my dad wants one to go along with his three RS. Anyone know if the sights are RS compatible? I hope someone comes out with triggers styled after the aftermarket ones.

There's a picture on EHobbyAsia showing the inside of the slide underneath the rear sight. It has a screw that mounts the sight from underneath and some components. Probably won't take real M&P rear sights. Not sure about the front.

Archived