VFC M&P9 Released

TheFull9

That screw that you're talking about might not actually connect to the rear-sight.  VFC "fixed" the "problem" that the TM's had by simply threading a metal tab for the screw and making space for it in the slide (instead of having the screw go all the way up into the rear-sight) on their Glock 19.  

Source: I've owned a VFC/Stark Glock 19 and M&P compact

IMG_4288copy_zpsa39e1952.jpg

I can't speak with certainty on the M&P real sight compatibility (as it does not use the same kind of metal tab system, and I never actually removed the rear sight on mine when I had it), but I know the Glocks are... so it stands to reason that you'd probably be able to fit RS sights onto the M&P as well.  

Here's a pic of the M&P's parts diagram: 

MP-2_zps4a4cf2a4.jpg

[Edited to reflect information that I was previously unaware of before I sold my M&P on]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone else here was going to design a RS pistol, would they not just make it fit 1911 or Glock sights?  Dunno if that's just me.  Sight mounting seems like an area you wouldn't really have to overhaul to produce a gun that was a significant improvement over the designs currently out there (assuming you've already got something that's more reliable/ergonomic etc), if anything you'd presumably sell more guns with a feature like that.

Haven't fitted the serial number plate to cover 'Made in Taiwan' or the white dots for the sights yet so here's just some quick initial shots.  Apparently I got the one someone decided to really thoroughly test before shipping it out hence the *fruitcage* state of the outer barrel.

13457084404_ec74deb388_b.jpg

13456724105_c001d48999_b.jpg

13457084294_26503929d1_b.jpg

13457083944_36318882ff_b.jpg

Video's up on my channel now.

Jesus, that outer barrel - definitely looks like it'd seen a bit of 'testing'

Once it wasn't the lads in Customs, sometimes I think they keep a large green gas and bottle of BBs for when they are bored ;)

Seriously speaking though, RA Tech will be bringing out replacement CNC steel barrel for the VFC that are more or less the same weight as the stock barrel, and look great. I have one on my VFC M&P Compact.

Once it wasn't the lads in Customs, sometimes I think they keep a large green gas and bottle of BBs for when they are bored ;)

Seriously speaking though, RA Tech will be bringing out replacement CNC steel barrel for the VFC that are more or less the same weight as the stock barrel, and look great. I have one on my VFC M&P Compact.

They do. That's been confirmed by one of the couriers who's a customer of ours...they're renowned for it. If they something interesting, the play with it for a while before releasing it.

Obviously it's not all of the time, but he said they do it with loads of stuff. If it looks interesting, and they've opened it...they have a good poke about.

That's crazy Inari - but totally believable !

Once they don't start robbing POs on their lunch breaks with them, and forwarding on the evidence for customs fees :)

The hammer mechanism pin at the rear is the same as on the VFC Compact version, it's a slightly recessed roll-pin,

it does look strange at that angle though, compared to the front pin which is easily seen.

Wasn't customs, the plastic bag packaging from Hong Kong was entirely sealed up.  The packaging inside the gun box was also too tight to have been taken out and put back again by WGC, so I'm going with the OEM personally.

Pretty niche and largely pointless skill, but I've spent the last 3+ years dealing with ammo containers on a daily basis and the various packaging of different rounds and explosives.  I've kinda developed an eye for telling the difference between origin/manufacturer packaging and when something's been taken out of then put back in a box.

I'll keep an eye out for that barrel from RA-T as and when it appears, although I might hold back and see who comes out with Salient type slide/barrel/trigger kits.

Truth be told I've no idea what a VSR hop unit actually looks like.  I quickly took my TM P226R apart for comparison and the hop arm on the VFC is the same, the rubber's different however.  In the VFC the protruding nub is split down the centre, looks like my PDI W Hold.

So far I have ordered 2 from WGC both times I have ordered they say instock and then i get told they aren't in stock anymore. They really need to address this issue better.

Just like I mentioned earlier in the thread, this is getting a bit too common lately with WGC,

and then you have to wait a week to get your money back after sending emails etc.

very frustrating for such a large-scale company, real-time stock control should be easy for them at this stage.

I ordered mine from http://Bunny Workshop on March 20th and I received an automated e-mail the next day indicating it was shipped with a tracking number. Great communication with them as well since I had e-mailed them three times as soon as I saw their site list it. Their shipping prices to the U.S were a little higher compared to EhobbyAsia and AirsoftGlobal but I was willing to pay the extra $10 U.S.D to get it sooner than later. 

Ever since the M&P 9c came out, I've been waiting for the full size to hit the market because I currently own a real steel M&P 9 full size and I figured this would be a great gun to practice concealing/drawing/holstering with my concealed pistol license as well as using it for an airsoft sidearm since I already own a Fobus and a Blackhawk CQC Carbon Fiber holster for my real one. 

I should have mine by the end of the week since it just cleared customs yesterday. 

Alright mine arrived today and I took some pictures with my real one. (Mods if this is not permitted on this forum I will remove the side by side pictures)

photo5_zpsf0ad304b.jpg

photo1_zpsf96592c7.jpg

photo4_zps256fcd9d.jpg

Overall Impressions:

The Cybergun M&P 9 full size is very comparable aesthetically to the real S&W M&P 9. 

Some of the noticeable differences are the following.

1. Size of the trademarks: The font and size of the trademarks on the Cybergun M&P 9 is slightly larger than on the S&W M&P 9.

2. Color of the metal slide: The color of the metal slide on the Cybergun M&P 9 has a darker finish compared to the stainless steel slide of the real S&W M&P 9. 

3. Slight difference in iron sights: The front and rear sights on the Cybergun M&P 9 are slightly different than on the S&W. @ WTF?Shane, the Cybergun doesn't appear to be compatible with RS M&P sights as I compared a spare set that I had for my S&W and the RS sights appear to be wider. 

Now taking a look at the back of the Cybergun M&P compared to the S&W M&P 9....

photo25_zps92ca60b2.jpg

With the Cybergun there's a seam running up the back towards the top of the pistol grip. There's also a slight difference when comparing the back of the slides. 

Now comparing the magazines. 

photo14_zps2099eaad.jpg

photo24_zpse6f94315.jpg

I also tested the gun and filled the magazine with green gas. The magazine feels and appears to be cheaply made. I had issues filling it initially to the point where I was only getting off about 5 shots before the magazine emptied. It took me a few attempts to get the magazine to fill completely and fire off approximately 16 shots. 

When inserting the magazine in the gun and releasing the slide at least one time the slide didn't fully lock in place. 

Depending on which way you pull the trigger, I also noticed that the gun will fire in bursts. Other times it fires just fine. 

So far my initial impressions from shooting it isn't that great. 

EDIT: Ok, I realized the gun is configured to fire in full auto mode. After switching it to semi, the gun shoots normally and fires the entire 24 shots without an issue. Basically full auto mode sucks, which is fine with me because I'll never use full auto mode. 

Archived