G&G MG42

aznriptide859

The externals on this should be copied from an Asahi/Shoei GBB MG42 which I saw at their office back in 2012, it looks like they've done a really nice job replicating the externals. I don't see the huff about the trades, they're small, inoffensive and relatively attractive, and I can ****ing guarantee that if they'd gone for accurate trades people would have complained about the Reichsadler's being all Nazist etc. All things considered, they've done a good job.

The CNC machined gearbox is almost certainly a pre-production engineering prototype, the final version will almost certainly be cast like all other G&G 'boxes

weather or not the QD barrel is usefull, its appretiated immensly when it comes to having to unjam your gun in the middle of a scrimmage. besides, the A&K M249 and M60 have useless QD barrels as well and nobody complains about them.

Looks beautiful. I'm curious about the mag though. Although some will probably disagree with me, I think it would be cool to have midcaps for support weapons. Having to change your magazine/box/whatever sounds much more enjoyable to me than pouring BB's in a mag. Such a magazine would make this weapon very close to perfect for me.

Looks beautiful. I'm curious about the mag though. Although some will probably disagree with me, I think it would be cool to have midcaps for support weapons. Having to change your magazine/box/whatever sounds much more enjoyable to me than pouring BB's in a mag. Such a magazine would make this weapon very close to perfect for me.

Some Airsoft M249's can use stanags.

As for most support guns, have you seen the size of a box/drum mag?

With CA/A&K/Star 249's you can use the smaller cloth mags which you can change out if you want to reload. I've got one of the small cloth mags and one of the big plastic ones for my CA, when the small one runs out, swap over to the big one.

Forget about it on the A&K M60's though. Nobody wants to *fruitcage* with that loading tube in the middle of a firefight!

Some Airsoft M249's can use stanags.

As for most support guns, have you seen the size of a box/drum mag?

I know some M249's can use Stanags, but I'd rather have Support midcaps. You know, boxes without an electric/manual winding mechanism. Just a spring to push the BB's up. It should be possible :D

• 1 month later...

Archived