Magpul Legal notice

The Insider

Printed in both English and Chinese local rags over here...

pEFMWQsA.jpg

Although apparently the Chinese version says its now "illegal" to sell.

So what this basically means is.... all official PTS left over stock.... is now considered Fake!

So a few retailers with little "official PTS" stock piles.... will be slutted!

And of cause... anyone already owning PTS Magpul products... irreverent of when and where you brought it.... well.... that shyts all fake now too.

:no:

Well, no one cares :) Good news for all those no ones :) .... I am pretty sure PTS will be still, in some form or another manufacturing magpul products in HK... SOrt of how the KWA/KSC glock thing went down. I expect no shortages of those products, however, I would expect the price to drop slightly because they dont pay magpul any royalties?

Well, no one cares :) Good news for all those no ones :) .... I am pretty sure PTS will be still, in some form or another manufacturing magpul products in HK... SOrt of how the KWA/KSC glock thing went down. I expect no shortages of those products, however, I would expect the price to drop slightly because they dont pay magpul any royalties?

i dont think so. PTS has already reportedly removed all the magpul products from their brick and mortar store in HK.

think of it this way....

Say Nike made new line for amateur basketballers lets call it... El-Nike... and its made over the border.
And this El-Nike shoe becomes wildly popular.
Then Nike says.... we will be stopping the production of El-Nikes which creates a high demand for the remaining stock and its all brought by loyal retailers whom have only ever sold real El-Nikes.
Then... 12 months later... Nike announce all El-Nikes are "highly likely fake." and are not permitted to be sold..... and then back dates it 12 months!

what would happen if a car or food company did this... "oh and by the way our food you have been eating for the last 12 months is not real food / contains lead paint"
:fear2:

and sorry for the title name.... as I did feel shafted.

i was under the impression that magpul PTS was never magpul in the first place. it was just a company that made rather high quality copies and was able to secure sole licensing with Magpul USA. its not like Magpul USA was completely responsible for creating Magpul PTS.

So really who does this affect?

I mean all those people with Magpul stuff are still going to call it Magpul, I am sure shops are still going to sell stuff that are clones and copies of Magpul and when some people sell their 'fake' kit they will just slap on the line of 'oh it is genuine, US imported Magpul etc' and people will probably still buy it.

To me this just feels like a waste of time and unless they are actually saying 'anyone selling copied Magpul, trades and all, is going to be hung upside down and fed to some unruly pigs' I don't really see how this changes much unless something is missing in the English statement.

'FireKnife'

Archived