XCorTech X3300W "Total Pellet Control" System

aznriptide859

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see they had the foresight of putting springs on both terminal ends. Otherwise if it were put on a GBB with significant recoil it could jolt the batteries out of circuit and turn it off like many cheap EOTechs.

True, at 100-150$ this could very well be a "must have", shot counter on a GBBR is really useful.

At first I was considering if this was a belated April fools :P

But it's actually quite sophisticated, but nothing that hasn't been done before seperatly. Bringing the different parts of smart mosfets, chronos and tracers together into a single product. and for $100(~£60) that's a really good price!

I suspect that the discrepancy in FPS, given that it is always +4 over the other chrono, is due to the difference in positioning of the two chrono units, one is in the silencer, the other is a few inches further forward. Likley both are accurate, but the BB has lost 4fps between being tracked by the first and second chronos.

Do we know how far the wireless works?

For example could the unit be work on a wrist? or mounted on your chest rather than on the rail of the gun?

Also did see that it said you cannot set it to cut off when counter reaches 0?

It would be a useful feature to cut power when the magazine is empty so even if you are not looking at the display your gun would stop firing. Surely this is plausible with the tech already involved in the burst firing sequence?

Do we know how far the wireless works?

For example could the unit be work on a wrist? or mounted on your chest rather than on the rail of the gun?

Also did see that it said you cannot set it to cut off when counter reaches 0?

It would be a useful feature to cut power when the magazine is empty so even if you are not looking at the display your gun would stop firing. Surely this is plausible with the tech already involved in the burst firing sequence?

Or on your mask, with the display wired into your goggles..

At first I was considering if this was a belated April fools :P

But it's actually quite sophisticated, but nothing that hasn't been done before seperatly. Bringing the different parts of smart mosfets, chronos and tracers together into a single product. and for $100(~£60) that's a really good price!

I suspect that the discrepancy in FPS, given that it is always +4 over the other chrono, is due to the difference in positioning of the two chrono units, one is in the silencer, the other is a few inches further forward. Likley both are accurate, but the BB has lost 4fps between being tracked by the first and second chronos.

Unfortunately, it's the wrong way round - the X3300W is higher despite being closer to the muzzle. Still pretty close.

Using a potato and measuring how deep bbs penetrate it is still better than using the blue madbull chrono.

Even not measuring is still better than using the blue madbull chrono.

I actually really like the shot counter idea. It's not very realistic for military weapons (), but if I was going to build best gun for winning airsoft games, I'd want a shot counter on there to remind me what was left in the magazine. There are surprisingly few such things in the real world. Leitner-Wise announced one (the 'CountaShot') a while back but it doesn't ever seem to have gone on sale and the website's dead; it may be that military/LEO demand has exceeded supply as it was said the US armed forces were interested. Either way, it's probably what I'd like mine to look like:

countashot3.jpg

The technology in this wouldn't work on an airsoft gun as the recoil would be completely insufficient to trigger a 'shot counted'. response, but a mockup could be created that bore a superficial resemblance and took round counts from a tracer (like the the XCorTech) or some combination of MOSFET and magazine well.

RADETECH make a very ugly AR-15 equivalent that works on a different principle, using magnetic or RFID followers in the magazines, and much more attractive handgun systems that I actually rather like in colour-code and numeric display models.

fB7tayC.png

They're on sale, too, for 1911s, at a surprisingly reasonable $149.

To be honest, I don't see why it should be that long until I see one on here, assuming that it's just a magnet in the follower. Put a strong enough magnet in the follower of an airsoft magazine and it should work. Does anyone make a Hi-Capa frame that accepts traditional grip panels? Seems like this sort of thing would suit a pistols-only-round racegun approach best aesthetically.

Do you mean THIS ?

In terms of putting a magnet in the follower? Yes. In terms of what that magnet will do, not really - that one (I think - I can't watch the video at work) is used to activate a reed switch for the 'bolt stop'. This one would use some sort of magnetometer to determine the distance of the bolt follower from some fixed point in the magazine well, and thus how many more rounds remain in the magazine.

This one would use some sort of magnetometer

Or potentially multiple reed switches up the inside of the grip, each displaying a different number on the digit counter.

Wouldn't be accurate to the exact number. but could be used for approximates. Full 2/3 1/3 empty etc.

Obviously only would work on pistols not aegs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived