Unidentified Airsoft Company Raided in S. China

Algy

Is it me or does that third pic deserve a meme?

"Hey Chen, look what I found, BLAM!!!"

Plus that looks like a combination of many companies gear so maybe a wholesaler or storeroom? I can swear those are WE, BELL and Tercel pistols alongside the likes of CYMA or equivalent AEGs.

Still this does seem a bit like looking at drug plant busts in Latin / South Amercia, you know they have probably taken down a grand total of 0.5% of the overall operation if that.

EDIT: Also is it me or are those bolt action rifles and Barrett M107 copies riddled with screw holes which just screams cheap market springer to me.

'FireKnife'

I see Ares, Snow wolf and WE. Looks like trading is a risqué business in the PRC.

And please, lets not talk about bribe.

It's is called monetary support, or in this case a lack of.

EDIT: Also is it me or are those bolt action rifles and Barrett M107 copies riddled with screw holes which just screams cheap market springer to me.

Those MSR/Remington RACS chassis'd rifles and Barrett look to be spring due to the sheer amount of screw holes and are dimensionally off by a lot but i feel like it'd be a lot of fun to own one haha.

I understand that ARES makes very shoddy guns, but even they don't dabble in $10 springers.

sorry, I wasn't clear on my satire. :P

but seriously, where are these things sold in the first place?

Who wants a Barrett that weighs no more than a pint?

Oh wait....

Is this the same story? except BBC implies that these are RS :busted_blue:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-27018383

It seems likely as both mention Guiyang. To be fair Chinese sources claim they are firearms, but one would have hoped that the BBC wouldn't take Chinese news stories at face value and just repeat them. Very disconcerting.

I understand that ARES makes very shoddy guns, but even they don't dabble in $10 springers.

Maybe they do, but I bet they'd call them 'final production prototypes' :P

Not just the BBC.  Pretty much everyone is reporting these as actual guns lol.  *fruitcage* idiots.

Maybe for the best, do we want all the media reporting them as 'super evil airsoft guns' the Chinese are cracking down on?

Perhaps.  It's just the shocking fact checking that bothers me.

No need to bother with hard work like that, the general public don't know enough about guns to realise they're not real anyway, plus 'harmless toy guns destined for export to countries where they are legal seized in Chinese raids' doesn't make for such a good headline.

Perhaps.  It's just the shocking fact checking that bothers me.

That's journalism by today's standards, simple copy/paste.

Even the Onion sometimes still gets picked up as genuine fact news.

Why did the Mail capitalize SWORDS in the headline--are they outraged that a length of metal could be so sharpened thus in our modern age, or that the people of China are not allowed their traditional "samurai" weapons?  And how is it good PR for the Chinese gov that a variety of illegal goods were mass produced and they found some of them?  Our poor bumbling ATF is hard pressed to entice an ex con to chop a shotgun, or convince a judge that some markings on a block of aluminum make it a firearm.  

article-0-1D190D2500000578-745_634x424.j

At least they got that crossbow off the streets.

Had the same thought, maybe the rod is the "magazine" and elastic cord just pushes the bb, because the bow seems just plastic, like arrows for kids and so that I find in chinese bazars here (1€ shops or however you name it) ...

*looks at the pics...* - "why are there bunch of chinese dudes in my room?"

Umm. Just wondering, whats gonna happen to all those guns? Chinese popo gonna start their own airsoft team?

I dont see much machinery, must be a wholeseller or storage, considoring if they are doing illegalties, atleast split it into two or more places...

So, are they is airsoft illegal in china or is this a piracy-raid?

But anyways, are they just gonna destroy them?

Archived