ECHO1 GAT. Its Alive!

Isamu

Well, to be honest, I thought this one was a dead project, fortunatly, I was wrong.

I would personally reduce the FPS below 300 for my CQB fields and hope I can easily put a lipo in the handguard instead of a grip, but we will know it soon enough ;)

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/airsoftology-echo1-gat-prototype-review

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, now that im off the phone, i just dont like the general tone of a few of the responses. you guys are already acting like there's nobody here that wants an AEG TEC-9 and ignoring something actually pretty substantial about it.

to this day, the smallest electric gun with a full size gearbox was the MP5k. and this beats that. the Echo-1 GAT, when it comes out, will have the title of smallest electric gun with a full size gearbox.

and i think thats something.

now, im back to messing around with my R93. if i continue down that path, i may pick one of these up in order to have the most compact, yet most capable gun you can get.

or i may just exclusively scrimmage with it and be all like:

GTAVScreen1.jpg

could i do that with a GBB, sure, but for only 5 months out of the year.

well, now that im off the phone, i just dont like the general tone of a few of the responses. you guys are already acting like there's nobody here that wants an AEG TEC-9 and ignoring something actually pretty substantial about it.

to this day, the smallest electric gun with a full size gearbox was the MP5k. and this beats that. the Echo-1 GAT, when it comes out, will have the title of smallest electric gun with a full size gearbox.

and i think thats something.

now, im back to messing around with my R93. if i continue down that path, i may pick one of these up in order to have the most compact, yet most capable gun you can get.

or i may just exclusively scrimmage with it and be all like:

could i do that with a GBB, sure, but for only 5 months out of the year.

110% Agree with you! Backup or just cqb super compact AEG, this little fella is not only easily and fully upgreadable, reliable and any "pro" an AEG serves, but it is insanelly cool to Wield one or Akimbo handed for silly firepower, not to mention if someone decides to build a high ROF gun.

Performance and cool points any day of the year, thats what airsoft means for some people

I must admit I am liking the idea of this.

Small body, full size internals, classic ghetto design and could lead to a decent D-Fens loadout complete with briefcase with packed lunch in it.

Plus electric for this works for me a bit more than gas.

'FireKnife'

Just when my DSG arrived... Looks like i need another set.

I dont get the gbb fans. 70% of you will never buy one dispite the claims and statisticly, you will need 2x gun money in upgrades just to make it skirmishable.

Im also VERY worried of the battery-space and very sad they didnt go the battery-in-mag way. I shall explore that option and have very high intent on bying the AEG.

GBBRs are like italian sports cars (not "supercars") You pay a lot for one hoping exitement and emotions but end up paying lots more just to get it running properly...

TM is like a Toyota. It runs but its actually quite expensive for what you get and once more if you want more its eighter trade up or spend big to tune it up.

I like the AMG Mercedes philosophy. Everyday runner turned/tuned into a moster for the moments you want one and when you dont, it just does what its supposed to do.

Thus im happy to see an AEG come out

Dont take me for AEG-fanboy / GBB-hater as i love GBBs but AEGs are so much more usable dispite conditions and easier to tune.

Dont take me for AEG-fanboy / GBB-hater as i love GBBs but AEGs are so much more usable dispite conditions and easier to tune.

Same here only the other way around. It's just that for some people like myself the lack in mechanical realism just kills it despite the merits. It's like I can't get a boner out of them anymore.

Amen. Regarding battery, maybe a Crane stock LiPo, with the packs wrapped around the outer barrel?

At 1:12 in the Video, he addresses this - basically they will attach another grip ( like the one used to house the motor) undeneath teh barrel/heatshield shroudy thing to create a foregrip , which will hold the battery - kinda like the PDR?

At 1:12 in the Video, he addresses this - basically they will attach another grip ( like the one used to house the motor) undeneath teh barrel/heatshield shroudy thing to create a foregrip , which will hold the battery - kinda like the PDR?

I think ollye-Tv meant to put the lipo into the heatshield instead of a foregrip, which is soundly Ugly. i think the same as him, but I dont think it can be done, looks like there is somekind of metal piece preventing the insert of any battery into the heatshield. 

If lucky, we will be able to remove it without weakening the barrel of the gun

I think ollye-Tv meant to put the lipo into the heatshield instead of a foregrip, which is soundly Ugly. i think the same as him, but I dont think it can be done, looks like there is somekind of metal piece preventing the insert of any battery into the heatshield. 

If lucky, we will be able to remove it without weakening the barrel of the gun

oh i see, my mistake ! either way , the space in there looks very minimal - maybe some 300 mah packs but nothing bigger i would guess

Archived