ECHO1 GAT. Its Alive!

Isamu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way I think they'll go is a battery forgrip. You guys remember the jg mp5ras? It was front wired and came with a forgrip that had enough room for an 8.4v mini battery. though, a 1300mah lipo nunchuck will fit in that heat shield.

Im also VERY worried of the battery-space and very sad they didnt go the battery-in-mag way. I shall explore that option and have very high intent on bying the AEG.

Didn't ARES do that once and everyone said what an idiotic idea it was? I think they were wise to not put the battery in the mag, it'd also lower the capacity which would put more people off.

Don´t you have the new vss vintorez foldable stock that stores the battery in the "silenced" barrel? do the same here and a 7,4 lipo is small enough.

That seems a sensible idea, a short mock suppressor to fit on the threaded barrel with a lipo in should be fairly easy to do and could be made to fit flush against the heatsheild.

I imagine it would just be something like this, the forward grip that was already available for tec-9s:

http://www.avguns.com/accessories/forward-grips/tec9.jpg

A small battery could fit in there easily. It does kind of ruin the look though. Of course, Im not really interested in an AEG one, Im looking forward to the Maruzen clone version. But Im always happy to see companies take a break from the "slightly different M4 festival" and make something else.

I wouldn't say it ruins the look, but almost every photo I've seen with the foregrip is of the MP-9 version with a wire stock: 

MP-9_rocks_300x320.jpg

If you're on a specialty weapon like a bolt action or RPG, a compact AEG secondary can really save the day when it all goes wrong.  I've done it with a GBB MP7, but carrying enough ammo for the average (airsoft) firefight is just not practical.  So I'm wondering--is this really that much smaller than an MP5K?  

I wouldn't say it ruins the look, but almost every photo I've seen with the foregrip is of the MP-9 version with a wire stock: 

MP-9_rocks_300x320.jpg

I think that may be a legal thing. If I remember right under US law, fitting a foregrip to something classed as a pistol makes it an NFA item, I think putting it in the "short barreled rifle" class.

Since the MP-9s are NFA items anyway, it doesn't matter, as the stock makes it an SBR whatever you do with the rest of it.

I insist, for a full AEG internals with front grip would stay one of my 3 MP5Ks, not proprietary mags, plenty of space for batteries and is an H&K, "no compromise". 

I would like the look if a nasty naked pistol of doom, not that. Anyway if must have the front grip and stock, may it be:

BerettaPM12S.jpg

While that grip may just be the salvation for this gun, i must admit it looks eyes-bleeding-ugly...

Depending on the magwell i will be exploring the battery-in-mag option or stuffing a battery under the heat-shield.

I saw a picture of "rounded" lipos once meant to fit a tube of sorts with electronis in the middle taking most space.

Still, im bying this. Was there an ETA when its out?

There is all this talk of this being smaller than an MP5k, but after a bit of a think and a google, it didn't take long to find pics of the (proprietary) gearbox.  All of a sudden it hit home that if anything, this will be larger than the MP5k.

With a proprietary gearbox on this I would be put off to be honest.  I would however be interested to see whether it is a V2 or a V3 style trigger!

I dont see an issue with a unique gearbox, its less likely or takes longer to clone and basic TM gearboxes just wont fit into every gun. Also every new gearbox is an oppertunity to turn another gun into an AEG.

As for the trigger, im interested if its going to be a microswitch. Also still wondering where im going to place the mosfet...

gun size wise, the guns may have similar lengths, but the tech 9 is definitely shorter height wise. 

i photoshooped together a size comparison. slightly different angle and i adjusted scale based on adult head sizes, but you can clearly see how small the tech 9 is to the mp5k.

tech9mp5ksizereferance_zps918236b3.png

of course, there is a little difference between RS guns and AEGs, but thats mainly just width.

from guns.ru:

MP5K

Caliber: 9x19mm Luger/Para
Weight: 2 kg without magazine
Length (stock closed/open): 325 mm
Barrel length: 115 mm
Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 15 or 30 rounds
Effective range: about 25 meters

About the intratec tec 9 no luck there but form the user´s manual: 

http://www.nazarian.no/images/wep/205_tec9.pdf

10.5 or 12.5 inches depending on the model:   26,670 cms or  31,750 cms.

So, for barely 2 cmd and thinking about the proprietary mags and store for the battery, would keep the mp5k if needs a front grip.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

First of all, apologies for the Necro, I didnt want to open a new thread since this one was opened and the video is directly related to the GAT9

Airsoft Obssesed made a video with Evike and what looks like the Final version of the GAT9, with the front lipo grip

ETA, This year :lol:

Archived