Photo
- - - - -

G&P FRS recoil system

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 PureSilver

PureSilver

Regular Poster

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

There are NexGen clones on the market already; ARMY Armament's R43 is just $155 at eHobbyAsia, whereas the TM SOCOM it's a clone of is $429.

That said, I'm not 100% sure if ARMY got around to fitting bolt catches to the R43. They're all ready for the parts, I just don't think they have them included.

Inokatsu Colt M4A1 SOPMOD Block I (2009), Inokatsu SIG Sauer P226R, KWC/Guarder Mini UZI
TM Colt M4A1 SOPMOD Block I, TM/PGC SIG Sauer P226, TM/PGC SIG Sauer P226 E2, Real Sword SVD

gallery_77463_1993_12493.png

#22 ianhaz

ianhaz

For the lolz

• Regular Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

My Army R47 came with bolt catch parts, haven't actually used them though as I run Aeg mags but all the components are there unlike the r43.
Posted Image

#23 fishkabob

fishkabob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

Looks similar to the tremors kit which destroyed your internals quickly. Looking forwards to seeing how these perform

#24 Aod

Aod

The Armourer

• Forum Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Looks similar to the tremors kit which destroyed your internals quickly. Looking forwards to seeing how these perform

I mean, the mechanism of operation of the Tremors kit is pretty much identical to that of the TM NextGen M4s, the Bolt Recoil guns and from the looks of things, this G&P Recoil system too.

Essentially, there's a heavy, spring-loaded weight in the stock tube, with a rod that goes into the gearbox casing, and is pushed back by the piston during the last ~20% of the piston's travel.
There are minor differences between all of them, but the principal is identical all throughout.

The Modify Tremors recoil kits only had the reliability issues that they did because the supplied springs for the recoil-weight was too weak/soft, meaning that the recoil weight didn't return quickly enough, causing the piston to engage the recoil-rod while the recoil weight was still moving forwards, which significantly increased the stress on the piston, gears and bearings leading to failure.

The Tremors rifle that I built ended up being reliable for at least five thousand cycles after fitting a stronger return spring for the recoil weight, but I lost contact with the owner after that.
Contract Engineer for Reliable Excavation Demolition
WILL NOT WORK FOR BUILDERS LEAGUE UNITED!

Site Meter