WE MP5K-PDW

jkpics

They are not great when you have to put your chin on it and fire a real firearm, same as AK underfolder, best case it's really wide, worst case cold weather + bare metal, not so great.

And they get worn out in ways that other stocks don't

swatbang.jpg

They are not great when you have to put your chin on it and fire a real firearm, same as AK underfolder, best case it's really wide, worst case cold weather + bare metal, not so great.

And they get worn out in ways that other stocks don't

swatbang.jpg

Interesting, the stamped metal slide assembly actually warps from prolonged use. 

Would it not be better if it was one piece cast?  I wonder :)

Mind you though the MP5K with the retractable stock would be pretty good.  The PDW stock is actually longer than the sliding stock of the MP5 and makes it not so compact.  A mate of mine modded his Marui MP5K to have a sliding stock and was surprisingly useful.

As for recoil, I used an AIMS with stock retracted inside a car, and its:

- Loud, very Loud

- Hot brass, very hot

- Hit squat all

- First round, I forgot to push the AK forward and it hit me in the face.  Never forgot that again.

Also used a 5.56mm SBR inside the car, recoil was lower and hit rates were a lot better.  9mm would be similar to the 5.56mm, i.e. not much recoil to be worried about smacking yer face.

Just don't use 5.56 compensators inside a car without double hearing protection.

Back to the WE MP5K.  Why is the ROF so low and different from the WE MP5A2? 

There's a line in 'The Cable Guy' about a sound system that would make George Lucas *insert something rude*. Well, that's just happened. Ruined my cappuccino. So worth it.

First thing I'll do when I get my grubby mitts on that SD, is buy it a nice new place to rest. Tuck it in at night.

Taxi!

Archived