Cloned Maruzen M870s at ebairsoft?

Atsalakotos

870%20banner%20promotion.jpg

I was browsing around ebairsoft and saw this at the home page. Says M type M870 which could mean anything, but the way they are setup in the front looks identical to the shell ejecting Maruzen M870 to me...

What are your thoughts?

Maruzen CA870 based. Yes, they are quite old. G&P shotguns are direct descendant from MZ design alltho somewhat improved materials in sertain parts. ACM clones have VERY much improved cylinder-units but ACM "gearbox" shell cannot mount real-steel stocks like MZ and G&P can.

I have several mix-breeds as i call em. Shotties made from MZ, G&P and ACM parts. One has majority of its internals made from steel by me. I have also converted all of my M870s to AEG-barrels and R-hops. The barrel-conversion is quite easy and a vast improvement over the original.

While these shotguns shoot only one round, they are VERY effective skirmishers. Also since they take RS-parts rather easy one can pimp em out as much as an AR15

Nowhere close to the cloned TM M870 they showed a video of a while ago. Maybe that project was shafted...? Too bad because I would really want another one or two M870s for different configurations :D

Although, one could still hope. :unsure:

Unless this is a totally new gas-system the one in the pic is a springer.

Im not paying half my kingdom for a second-rate TM garbage when I can eventually pay for second-rate ACM an ACM-price.

Mind you, get yourselfs a MZ based springer M870, i promise you won't be dissapointed.

1. Yea I've read that the internals of the Maruzens were not half bad. That they were good enough for people to bother buying the aformentioned G&P metal bodies to house them. That and they were chrono'ed around 350 vs. the huge 420 or so the G&Ps ship with. 

These pictures remind me of my own Marushin that I'm waiting to get back. Gotta call that tech to hear when it's due since I had him shave the arms to mount that MOE SGA forend and stock. 

A lot of people complained about the Maruzen internals, but mine ran with an Angs m140 spring for more than 5 years without breaking. The piston recently broke due to a bb being stock between it and the cylinder. Got the G&P cylinder kit its not as good as the Maruzen but still gets the job done.

Sealing airleaks and tweaking the hop one can get wonderfull sniper like accuracy with it. But it is very un-shotgun-like compared to other airsoft shotguns.

Yeah the hop is very finicky. I got the charger version where it is adjustable via a small grub screw on top of the barrel. Seems like something many people copied to their non adjustable version, by drilling and tapping it themselves. I added an Angs hard hop spring to accompany the m140 spring.

Also worth noting, the cylinder volume is too small to create enough pressure when using the long barrels, like the one pictured, resulting in drop in fps. (this drop differs slightly with different springs and inner barrel setups).

Takes 30min to convert to your gun to AEG-barrel & hopup, better yet, R-hopup.

I made myself a steel cylinder and piston along with the cocking rods / racking arms.

The power of the mz-based shotties is their non-shotgun-likeness. They are basicly light weight snipers.

Sounds cool Swatti, any more info on how you did this? Saw that G&P made a steel sear and trigger set, but seem pointless as long as the piston and cylinder are still plastic. BTW the G&P internal barrels have a huge internal diameter and are not very good.

I was worried a heavy steel piston would be slower and i'd lose fps but the larger bore cylinder and tighter piston head ended up increasing my fps...

Piston head also from steel and later ported

I did a small comparison with the G&P upgrade parts, the piston-head is a better fit than the MZ but the overall quality of the plastic piston and cylinder is worse. Even had some small moulding burrs on the nozzle, but generally OK quality. The steel spring-guide does not use bearings like the ANGS version.

With my setup of angs spring-guide,angs 140 spring, K2 piston-head and 6,04mm inner barrel, the ultimate barrel length is somewhere >30cm but <40cm. I ended up sticking with 40cm since I liked the look of the cut down but still longer G&P outer barrel.

Archived