3d printed gun with custom gearbox

iozjik

Sorry for my bad English and sorry for bad photos – plastic of this gun has been chemically treated, but not painted, so it has some gray areas. Right now, I’m still test the gun, so it’s too early to paint it.

107539463.jpg

I’ve started this project with inspiration of Scorpion EVO 3 A1, but tried to make TM-compatible parts gun as small, as it could be. Gun is really thin – about 32mm. Overall length is 431mm, barrel – 223mm. Height from bottom of pistol grip to top of upper rail – 173mm

107539466.jpg

Gun uses standard TM-compatible:

Gears, short-type motor, 223 mm 6.03 barrel, hop-up rubber, tappet plate (v3), nozzle (ak), cylinder, piston with piston head, spring, spring guide (v2).

All other parts are self-made, most of them 3d-printed. Cylinder head self-designed as well as gearbox. Pistol grip holds motor, in bottom of pistol grip installed adjustment screw. Hop-up is adjustable and firmly attached to upper part of gearbox to ensure proper co-axial position and enforce cylinder head. In handgrip placed electronic key and 7.4v Li-Po accumulator. Gun uses airsoft MP5 mags.

107539465.jpg

Rear end of upper gearbox is quick-detachable for easy spring change. Construction of piston guides allows to change piston without gearbox disassembly. Lower part of gearbox holds gears and antireverse latch. 

107539471.gif

Gun has upper and lower Picatinny rails for attachments.

Right now I use 80 meter per second spring, which outputs 78 meter per second with .25g BB’s.

Initially, I’ve planned using 3d printed parts only for prototyping, but ABS seems to be sturdy enough, at least for cqb gun. Until now I’ve shot about 500 bb’s and plan to go with this gun on local games for testing.  

• 3 weeks later...

Some photo of internals.

Everything, except side panels. Rear end removed for quick change of spring or piston.
107695134.jpg

Upper gearbox with hop-up unit. Hop-up made big and sturdy enough to make front side tough to break.
107695136.jpg

Lower gearbox (blue) in pistol handle. On pistol handle bottom - motor regulation screw.
107695205.jpg

Upper and lower gearbox connected by 4 screws.
107695177.jpg

Initally, I've planned to make all blue parts of alluminium or steel, but even plastic seems reliable for now.

• 1 month later...

Stock is ready. Stock is collapsable and fast-removable.
Also finished painting (thanks to my wife)
107954096.jpg

Collapsed stock:
107954097.jpg

Another view:
107954099.jpg

Compare size to KAC PDW:
107954098.jpg

EOTech looks huge:
107954101.jpg

Now project is complete. I'd like to thank everybody, who helped me and especially my wife =).

107954102.jpg

FRUIT-CAGING-AMAZING-SAUCE! cant really say anything more, words of astonishment elude me. Hope you keep with the project and we can see more in the future.

These are the kind of things which encourage people to follow, wish I had some 3D skills... ^_^U

Shut-up-and-take-my-money_zps52e6ef43.jp

seriously though, that is fantastic work. i especially like the innovative gearbox design and that you managed to 3d print one strong enough from scratch! absolutely fab! keep up the good work and look forward to seeing some more! 

i hope it works well for you, i love seeing innovation and think your mechbox design is awesome! and love the 20mm rid mount for stocks! so simple!

if anything ever happens and you need any testing, ill be morse than happy to sacrifice my self ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived