KJW CZ P09

kenxin

I have to say, after the cluster-kerfuffle with the Cybergun FN FNX-45, this is looking like a damn tempting option. Sleek looking, slim which suits my elfin hands, steel internals where they matter and it's only 44% the price of the Cybergun FN FNX-45!

Does anyone have a photo of one of these with a Surefire X300 attached?

I have to say, I'd be tempted to get the CO2 version to make it a year-round skirmish pistol...

I approve: edia.tumblr.com/60ea5eddbd40c4951214bae8168a5121/tumblr_n8s8hkuv9R1tc0evro1_1280.jpg

edit: can't say I'm an expert but Darklite said the cz75 performs much better on co2, recoil spring related iirc. 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly not very happy with mine. Seemed great at first, but I'm having a lot of problems now. Trigger only releases the hammer on DA when you pull totally straight back. Most of the time it locks up and doesn't release, or will stick for a few seconds then slip. The hop up ring's threads shaved off, so there is no adjustment in it anymore, and the cycle speed and kick is pathetic. You might get a few shots that can cycle the slide properly with a decent kick, but most shots feel like I'm using 144a instead of Guarder Power Up. I can't undertsand this with the strength of the hammer spring, definitely not light striking. Add that to the SA trigger that has no feeling whatsoever (feels totally dead, moves and released with no resistance at all), and I just can't recommend it anymore. Hopefully just a lemon.

Guarder Power Up is a 16Kg gas, have you tried to use only standard 12Kg green gas?

It's the maximum pressure recommended by KWJ in the manual of their guns, even if it can handle CO2. It may seem nonsensical, but I've had problems with guns like the M9 witch worked fine with 12Kg or CO2, but had problems with the gas magazine valves and broken parts using 16Kg. I believe the CO2 valves are somehow regulated to be weaker.

I have tried normal Green Gas and the issues persisted. I have managed to get it working a lot better actually though. Did some filing to the hammer mech so it releases properly, and actually cut about 1/4 off the mainspring. It was just ridiculously strong which hampered the blowback. Also removed the uprated recoil spring I had in it. Much better now. Still think it has some poor design elements, but at least it's usable now. Might bead blast the slide to a nice matt stainless.

I have tried normal Green Gas and the issues persisted. I have managed to get it working a lot better actually though. Did some filing to the hammer mech so it releases properly, and actually cut about 1/4 off the mainspring. It was just ridiculously strong which hampered the blowback. Also removed the uprated recoil spring I had in it. Much better now. Still think it has some poor design elements, but at least it's usable now. Might bead blast the slide to a nice matt stainless.

Oh, I'm glad to hear you've had some success working on it :)

I have to say, after the cluster-kerfuffle with the Cybergun FN FNX-45, this is looking like a damn tempting option. Sleek looking, slim which suits my elfin hands, steel internals where they matter and it's only 44% the price of the Cybergun FN FNX-45!

Does anyone have a photo of one of these with a Surefire X300 attached?

I have to say, I'd be tempted to get the CO2 version to make it a year-round skirmish pistol...

I've had an Inforce APL on my real P07 for years and love it. Moot my picture but it shows how well the aesthetics go hand in hand.

VSmKoBz.jpg

Had the same problem with my KJW CZ P-09 not firing properly but is easily fixed by filing a small bit of the firing mechanism that is catching the magazine and not hitting the gas release valve properly, if anyone has this problem you will be able to see the mark on the magazine where it is catching, on the left hand side of the release valve. I also have the other problem mentioned in previous posts about the sights not being lined up correctly and shots going hire than were your aiming, I have been doing a bit of fiddling with mine and the problem seems to be with the inner barrel when it is in the outer barrel, the end of  the inner barrel where the hop-up is seems to be lower than the end of inner barrel where the front sight is causing the bbs to go higher than where your aiming.

I also meant to add I had the exact same problem a few years back with the bbs going higher than were I was aiming while looking through the sights on a KJ Works M9 and after not being able to find a problem with the sights finally fixed it by putting pvc tape on the inner barrel on till it was sitting perfectly straight inside the outer barrel. So going to try that on my CZ P-09 the first chance I get.

Yes that is indeed my video review...I need to follow my own advice and shave the valve knocker down a bit more. It did initially solve the weak blowback issue, but it seemed to come back after I had issues with the hammer mech. I will shave some more off and see if it helps. Either way, cutting the hammer spring down definitely improves the cycling. It's working nicely again now, hopefully I'll bead blast the slide and barrel to bare metal next week. I think it will look nice, although they don't offer the RS in duo Tone. Mag cap is 26+1. It could probably be extended to 28+1 if you cut the spring down a bit and made the baseplate retention pin piece a bit shorter. RS mag cap is 19+1 which is very impressive, quite a long grip though like an XDM.

Yes I will take some pictures tomorrow. It wasn't much work, I just cut about 5 mm off the bottom of the follower (the part that the spring wraps around), and replaced the little piece at the bottom of the spring with the equivalent part from a Glock magazine which is a lot smaller. You could just cut down the KJ part instead. It simply allows the follower and spring to compress a little more, so an extra 3 BBs can squeeze in. You could probably do even more cutting and get a full 30+1 in.

Guarder Power Up is a 16Kg gas, have you tried to use only standard 12Kg green gas?

It's the maximum pressure recommended by KWJ in the manual of their guns, even if it can handle CO2. It may seem nonsensical, but I've had problems with guns like the M9 witch worked fine with 12Kg or CO2, but had problems with the gas magazine valves and broken parts using 16Kg. I believe the CO2 valves are somehow regulated to be weaker.

They are.

If you look at a greengas valve vs at CO2 valve, you'll see that the opening is absolutely tiny on the CO2 valves.

The force required to open a valve is directly related to the pressure (difference) of the gas holding it closed and the size of the valve plug.

That's why the same hammer force can open a 110psi greengas valve and a 900psi CO2 valve, but not a 200psi greengas valve.

Hopefully this explains what I did to the mag.

2014-09-28%2015.44.04_zps8goyexus.jpg

About 5mm was removed from the bottom part of the follower, and the piece that holds the baseplate on must also be shortened. I simply replaced it with a Glock mag part, but you could take the KJ piece and reshape it like in the image. The top of it just has to be shaved down to allow the follower to come down even closer to the baseplate. This lets you squeeze 3 more shots in. You can easily do the same with any GBB. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived