SITES Spectre M4 SMG AEG

jkpics

$210? its got a plastic body. i would have expected like $180. well, hopefully SHS put all their nice internals into it. going to place in order ASAP. going to have to find a stock elsewhere and learn how to weld so i can make a steel body for it.

I really hope there is enough space to cram a tiny lipo somewhere in there, really not fond of that foregrip :L

well, you can see that the barrel runs along the lower side of the heat shield, leaving a little space above it. it may be possible to shove a small 7.4v lipo in there. a high torque motor and a high speed gear set can still deliver a good ROF.

but its only speculation. depends on how wide it is there and if that space is even accessable.

SHS already said that the battery goes in the fore grip. thats why its slightly bigger than on the real one and looks odd.

i searched around for any stocks for the real one. i cant seem to find any anymore. a few months ago i was looking at buying a real one and could find some spare accessories (i already knew you cannot find parts for it) including a couple of parts kits and stocks, but not anymore.

going to have to wait and see if they release a model with a stock then. maybe they chose not to make it because 1, they couldn't make it from metal for lack of tooling and 2, it may cause some careless players to tear the back of the receiver off (being that the stock is normally attached to the rear sight).

I understand there has to be room for a battery, but the frontgrip is way too huge for me. They could have made it smaller, since there are mini LiPo's. Also, the barrel sticks out too much and the frontsight ls too high. I'm still glad though that they are at least trying something new. New models are always welcome B)

yeah, the V3 is about perfect to fit in a spectre. its a wide SMG to begin with, so the body is still 1:1 (judging by the AEG conversions done to the FTC spectre). foregrip doesn't bother me if i can fit a 2000mAh lipo in it without sticking some ugly PEQ box on it.

im just really annoyed that a stock wasnt included. every military spectre M4 made had a stock until they made the civilian legal pistol models. im tempted to not buy one and wait to see if a stock comes out but im also thinking i should buy one just to show people want it and would like accessories like a stock.

im going to see if i can email SHS. even if they can't speak english, i want to find out about a possible stock or at least tell them i desire one.

yeah, the V3 is about perfect to fit in a spectre. its a wide SMG to begin with, so the body is still 1:1 (judging by the AEG conversions done to the FTC spectre). foregrip doesn't bother me if i can fit a 2000mAh lipo in it without sticking some ugly PEQ box on it.

im just really annoyed that a stock wasnt included. every military spectre M4 made had a stock until they made the civilian legal pistol models. im tempted to not buy one and wait to see if a stock comes out but im also thinking i should buy one just to show people want it and would like accessories like a stock.

im going to see if i can email SHS. even if they can't speak english, i want to find out about a possible stock or at least tell them i desire one.

SHS speak english just fine. This is/was the email address of one of their sales reps; llfenny@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

so SHS never replied to me and i dont want to prod them for info and be put down on a list of annoying people (not that they do actually have a list). in a few days i may be able to afford to pick one up from CWI and i just might do so.

maybe if i actually own one, they may be more inclined to answer my questions.

also, i found a more in depth video of what that japanese guy had to do to fit a V3 in an FTC spectre. im starting to think that SHS may have had to make it a little bit bigger to get it to fit a selector plate and a mechanical safety.

Archived