WE new products

fnc

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my M9A1 out. My filing of the hammer to get half-cocked working made it fully cocked up :P

It shot semi and all kinds of weirdness. So I think it's scrap at this point. Luckily I got two more M9s, black and INOX, will take those out and see how they do.

So, forget half-cocked, don't bother.

I just had a thought. How come WE hasn't made any machine guns yet? Box mags just need an adapter to a propane tank. Then you'll have plenty of gas and my M249 appears to have more than enough room to store a 16 oz coleman tank. Plenty of space for rounds also. 

What, other than the fact support weapons aren't that popular, cooldown would be awful and the heavy volume of fire associated with them would expose any design or material flaws even faster than normal?

If you want a GBB support weapon then you want it running of external regulated Co2 or HPA, Daytonagun probably.

What's wrong with creating a regulator for a propane tank? Cooldown wouldn't be so awful and lately WE has been improving their trigger mechanisms. My M4 has lasted more than 70K rounds all on stock parts. Surely, WE can't be getting worse as their experience increases. And M249s and M60s seem to be out of stock in most retail sites, so I don't know if I agree with you saying they're not popular and I'm pretty sure that A&K still has them in production. And I think most players would eventually upgrade to steel sets anyways.

What's wrong with creating a regulator for a propane tank? Cooldown wouldn't be so awful. And M249s and M60s seem to be out of stock in most retail sites, so I don't know if I agree with you saying they're not popular and I'm pretty sure that A&K still has them in production. And I think most players would eventually upgrade to steel sets anyways.

If you had a regulator on a propane tank that'd mean the operating pressure would have to be set quite low, which would then require a pretty light bolt assembly (which would help on the efficiency front) and then the felt recoil would be low which would not please airsofters. What you'd need is an expansion chamber, but even then the propane will cool down very fast with the high volumes of sustained fire support weapons usually do.

M249s and M60s being sold out doesn't mean they're popular, in airsoft if something is sold out it usually means one of two things, it's either extremely popular or the retailer hasn't bothered restocking due to low sales and/or the manufacturer hasn't bothered making more due to low sales. I could name plenty of guns that fall into the latter, one being G3s. Popular products tend to be made frequently and restocked by retailers regually.

Also you have to think of sales relative to other guns, for example, how many M4s sell to every M249 sold? I bet it's in the hundreds at least.

I see what you mean concerning relative sales. Why not having an expansion chamber along with an internal resevior. The tank fills the resevior that leads to the expansion chamber. Once the resevior is depleted the tank replenished the resevior again. It could be like a lighter where when one side goes down the other is filled. That way even though one side is cooled, the movement of fresh liquids would warm the cooled portion. Unless there's some way to use the blowback as an intake stroke to draw propane from the tank. I don't know, maybe it's impossible without have an external line. Something like this needs proper research. It could change the entire GBB game.

HPA is the only sane route for a gbb support weapon.

Although I remember seeing a video a while back of a M249 using WE M4 mags as well as a box mag. May have been TOP or a end user converted TOP.

EDIT - Here it is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1s0rkMYAk

I'm guessing as it was infact 4 years ago that it never made it to production. Does TOP still exist?

Archived