WE new products

fnc

After i spoke to a chap who was close with WE Europe he explained the system. Criptically...

You charge the magazines with gas just like any other, however there is an internal resovoir inside the P90 which the magazine then charges and fills as and when there is space.

Effectively giving an enourmous gas supply and potentially very minimal cooldown.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably it'd need some sort of trigger activated valve to stop the liquid gas just flowing down from the mag into the internal chamber then straight up into the chamber/barrel without vaporising given that everything is below the level of the magazine.

Having a gas tank that fits into the ejection port then regular mags would seem the most conventional way of doing it and an option I'd prefer as it'd make the mags cheaper, a HPA/Co2 conversion easier and just generally be simpler.

The valve will be below the level of liquid propellant in the magazine. All you need to do is have a tube running from the valve and up where there's vaporvapor like a snorkel. Add in channels to trap liquid so the gun can be fired in any angle and presto, no need for separate expansion chamber in gun. Fewer seals mean greater reliability too.

The valve will be below the level of liquid propellant in the magazine. All you need to do is have a tube running from the valve and up where there's vaporvapor like a snorkel. Add in channels to trap liquid so the gun can be fired in any angle and presto, no need for separate expansion chamber in gun. Fewer seals mean greater reliability too.

Due to the thin but ridiculously long shape of the mag, if you fire at an upward angle you're gonna submerge that snorkel.

That's going some to mix up a 417 and a SCAR.

Don't suppose anyone out there's compared a WE MP5 to a recent VFC?  VFC are meant to have improved their GBB rifle game a fair bit recently and it'd look nicer I'm sure, but even though I personally don't rate WE's materials or QC I think it'd have a slightly higher chance of working alright (for a while) OOTB.  I've not heard much about the VFC MP line for a good while to discern whether they've fixed up the mags and the weak points of the weapons.

I wonder how the SCAR-H will perform, quite excited really :D

Probably going to pick up the MP5 A3 when I get paid (If I ever bloody get paid!) so can do a very basic side by side of the 2nd gen VFC MP5s.

Other than that I think a few people have both the WE & VFC to compare.

Other than that I think a few people have both the WE & VFC to compare.

Well not that many people bought the VFC, probably as OOTB it was *suitcase* :P.

And yay, pistols are coming out. Now if only WE would realise what they have in the High-Power and make more variants. Mark III please as it will fit many a loadout but I would be happy with the original HP-35 that doesn't have ladder sights too.

'FireKnife'

How would them making a 7.62 immediately give us 'more recoil'?

In airsoft the heavier a gun and the lighter the bolt / slide returning is the less recoil it provides so a heavy 7.62 design that is cycling the same bolt as in the lighter 5.56 model would, given that they are both firing a 6mm bb.

Unless you mean as there will be more room to store gas this is rather unlikely given that the bolt will probably have the same basic function and same amount of gas routed to it.

I agree a heavier recoil for some guns would be nice but I don't see how making a heavier / bigger shell for the same basic action is going to help much?

'FireKnife'

Archived