Ares Amoeba Honey Badger replica preview

carbonfibreguy

Pardon me, as I don't know how to embed youtube videos correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9uf9VVcqBA

That right there is the rep of the AAC Honey Badger. For those unfamiliar with it, it's a special AR based weapon chambered in .300 Blackout, with a shortened buffer, revised upper and lower receivers, a 6" barrel, and a unique stock. It's supposedly the same length as a MP5SD!

Here's an article on TTAG: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/aac-honey-badger-whats-it-all-about/

I can't wait to get my hands on it, even if it's a GBB and a plastic body at that, but there isn't much info on it so far. I just hope it doesn't turn into vaporware.

Thoughts?

Makes you wonder how these things get sold out plenty of times...  oh wait!

Because they are the only ones that offer such a design so no matter how *suitcase* the internals are people just have to put up with it until someone else bothers to make one ;).

Still If they made both the short handguard version, it could take a conventional battery and it wasn't Ares I might be interested.

'FireKnife'

Why cant someone 1/2 decent be making this, I dont like ARES (I had a Star M249, it was great when it worked, but the issue was that wasnt very often, very often at all!!),  Its got a plastic body, eeurrgghh, the mags look weird, and I had vowed never to give them another penny.  However, its a honey badger and I want one !! I've been thinking could you swap the lower for a metal one, could you shoehorn a TM recoil gear box in it.... hmmmm

Because they are the only ones that offer such a design so no matter how *suitcase* the internals are people just have to put up with it until someone else bothers to make one ;).

Still If they made both the short handguard version, it could take a conventional battery and it wasn't Ares I might be interested.

'FireKnife'

+ it is a known fact that they ship the worst to the UK.

Unless it's not an M4, i am pretty much done with AEG's. Be it Ares or another brand.

I didn't even know there was a place called Vanuatu until the spam-bot chose it :P.

Also you are right Isamu it is. However I would still like a short handguard Honey Badger AR in black, the longer one just wouldn't be useful for me as I don't subscribe to this use of thumb over bore stuff in airsoft when there is no recoil and it is irritatingly uncomfortable.

'FireKnife'

See I'm wondering now if I have a text based speech impediment, cos I know I've asked at least two out of you three to report spam and not post your own witty commentary, thereby bumping the potentially malicious links.

In other words: Mother *fruitcage* , did I *fruitcage* stutter?

Archived