Ares Amoeba Honey Badger replica preview

carbonfibreguy

Low fps would be good for us UK based softers. Maybe ares have turned a corner with this release and it's decent, dare I say good? Reviews of the internals would be the deal braker (I can't decide if I like it or not, I do prefer sort barrelled AR's).

When I first saw a RS Honey Badger I thought they looked horrible but they've grown on me to the point where i'd buy one, even a Ares version :fear2: , as long as I can swap all the internals out and replace them if its up to their usual (low, oh so very low) standards!

Shame it resembles nothing of a honey badger really! 

I concur the Ares at least looks like the original honey badger the WE just looks like an M4 with a short ris, the HK416c stock and a suppresor, its an aproximation of the honey badger made from bits from other guns!

First I was all like OMG EXCITE!

then I was like WHATHAVETHEYDONE?!

Then FFFFFF!!!

Then Meh.

Wake me up when someone does one properly. Theres so many horrible compromises in this it was like it was Cad'ed by someone having it described down the phone to them who had just learnt the tutorials.

• 2 months later...

Well I ordered one, and its arrived, its pretty damn nice, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet....i'll let you know what upgades i need after the game on the 28th :D The front end is really nice and seems really well made and solid and the plastic body seems good, again solid no creaks and no movement, you get an extra 2 lengths of ris in the box so that 4 in total.  The only issue I have is the sliding stock wobbles a little but then thats the design of the stock I guess and a quick bit of velcro or a bit of card to pack it out a little should resolve that.  so yes so far I am impressed by my new Badger. 

What batteries are you guys using I need to order one today really to get it for the weekend, I forgot to mesure the battery compartment berfore I came to work, any ideas?

On another note I put some electrical tape in to pack out the stock arms and its really reduced the wobble and make the whole gun feel alot more solid, well worth the effort i'd say!

Yes I confirm: a very nice little beast. I have not had the occasion to test it yet but my first impression is quite positive (even if I was not a great fan of the polymere body).

Nice and sharp noise (@350 fps), very easy to handle, may be "tacticoolized" at will.

eFRHPg.jpg

What color is that?

Archived